We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Holiday in Langkawi

Perth, Australia
1 post
2 reviews
Holiday in Langkawi

Hi,

I have never been to Langkawi and am thinking of going there for 2 weeks in April/May 2015 and just want to know if this may be too long? I am also looking for information on the following:

I would like to stay in accommodation on the beach - what is available?

What is the average cost of a meal?

What is the shopping like?

Are tours easy to organize?

How much spending money would I need for this time, I know that is an open edned question, but what would others suggest to have a comfortable holiday?

Any other information would be appreciated.

Thank you for your assistance.

Leah

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Langkawi, Langkawi District
Level Contributor
12,535 posts
242 reviews
1. Re: Holiday in Langkawi

Hi

There are numerous hotels in Langkawi which are on the beach. It depends what you want to pay. Look under the tab at the top of the page marked "Hotels". This will give you some idea and when you have a short list, come back for more information.

Average cost of a good meal is around 50RM upwards per person although there are lots of places where you can eat relatively cheaply.

Tours are very easy to organise but shopping is only so/so. Langkawi is a duty free island so alcohol, tobacco and chocolates are relatively cheap otherwise there is not much in the way of shopping.

Hope this helps. Come back if you have any more questions.

Lesley

Adelaide
Level Contributor
1,198 posts
20 reviews
2. Re: Holiday in Langkawi

Langkawi is a great place for a holiday but its like going to a smaller country town,so 2 weeks might be a bit long, we spent 3 days there and would have like to stay more, just to relax, as it is a beautiful spot.

norfolk
Level Contributor
7,739 posts
38 reviews
3. Re: Holiday in Langkawi

it depends what you look for in a holiday. many people split their trip between kl for shopping, penang for shopping and food, and langkawi for beach and nature trips. indeed, that is what i did at first.

after three trips - we realised getting straight to langkawi and missing out everywhere else left us chilled, relaxed and restored. and two weeks would not be enough for me....

budget for car hire, so you can get out and about.

as for spending - allowing for trips, meals, car hire and fuel, we allow the equivalent to $150 a day for a couple.

4. Re: Holiday in Langkawi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, November 28, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Langkawi