We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Langkawi Hotel/Resort for a family with a toddler

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
16 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Best Langkawi Hotel/Resort for a family with a toddler

Hello,

Going to Langkawi in August and wondering if anyone can recommend which is the best hotel in for a family with a toddler?

Thanks

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Langkawi, Langkawi District
Level Contributor
10,117 posts
190 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Langkawi Hotel/Resort for a family with a toddler

Hi

If you give us some idea of your budget we can make recommendations.

Lesley

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
16 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Langkawi Hotel/Resort for a family with a toddler

I actually have a reservation at Meritus, but I've seen some travelers pictures that put me off a little, as seams very old...

How is Danna cmpared to Meritus?

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Langkawi, Langkawi District
Level Contributor
10,117 posts
190 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Langkawi Hotel/Resort for a family with a toddler

Hi

The Danna is much newer than Meritius although the rooms have been renovated fairly recently.

There is more to do surrounding the Meritius than The Danna, with lots of outside restaurants, shops and bars.

It depends what you want from your stay.

Lesley

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
16 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Langkawi Hotel/Resort for a family with a toddler

I need a good structure for my daughter in the hotel...playroom, pool, good food. This is my priority.

Between this budget (Meritus and Danna) is there any other hotel you recommend?

norfolk
Level Contributor
7,663 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Langkawi Hotel/Resort for a family with a toddler

the berjaya is very good. it has a play area, and a children's club where you could take your daughter. they have toys and paints, etc., like a play group. since she is very young, you would have to stay with her. there is also a children's pool with lots of shade, and the beach is very nice.

the rooms have nearly all been refurbished, and there is plenty of choice for mealtimes with almost 24-hour dining. children get special deals on buffet meals.

6. Re: Best Langkawi Hotel/Resort for a family with a toddler

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:23 am, June 26, 2015