We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Questions

Ft. Worth
Level Contributor
16 posts
77 reviews
Save Topic
Questions

Looking to travel to langkawi but before I go I have a few questions about langkawi

1. Is Pantai Cenang the main commercial area on langkawi?

2. On langkawi where can I get a sim card to use for telephone or internet

3. Driving Conditions in regards to renting a car and driving around langkawi, is driving in langkawi Better / average / worse than driving in phuket or koh samui, in terms of how people drive and traffic? what license permit do I need to drive. I have a international driving permit. -

4. Advice on renting a car, I read I should get car insurance and take photos of car before getting it, which booth is reliable to rent at the airport

5. Types of scams to watch out for

6. Costs of using a taxi from place to place, and any taxis to avoid, I ask as phuket and bali have issues with this so just wondering about here

7. Any recommendations for day tours to see other island by boats

8. When is high season and low season for tourists

9. Any recommendations for private pool villas

I look forward to everyone replies

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Langkawi, Langkawi District
Level Contributor
9,561 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Questions

Hi

1. Yes, Pantai Cenang is the main tourist area on the island.

2.. Yes you can.

3. Driving conditions on the island are good and the roads are fairly quiet. You will need a full driving licence and/or international driving permit.

4. Yes, you should have car insurance and yes, make a note of any scratches or dents in the vehicle before taking. There are lots of car hire kiosks at the airport. Indrah are good.

5. There are none that I have found.

6. Taxi prices are fixed from A to B and the drivers are all very nice people who are not out to cheat you.

7. Look under the tab marked "Things to Do". This will give you some idea of what the island is about and the different things to see.

8. High season is usually the Christmas and New Year period and Chinese New Year. Also when it is Malaysian school holidays.

9. You will pay a very high price for private pool villas.

Hope this helps.

Lesley

2. Re: Questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, April 13, 2015