We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Frangipani Langkawi Resort

Slovenia
4 posts
Save Topic
Frangipani Langkawi Resort

Hi

I am intending to spend a week on Langkawi Island in second third of September. By checking different web sites and also some of the forms in tripadvisor.com I found Frangipani Langkawi resort very interesting in point of reasonable price location and accommodation. But I also read their notice, that they are under the process of renovation (is this renovation very nconvenience?). If you have any recent experience staying there, please share them. Thx

Pretoria, South...
Level Contributor
3 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Frangipani Langkawi Resort

Usually if "under construction" or "renovation" just don't bother going. It will be noisy and uncomfortable if you prefer to stay in late. It also explain the good rate - because of the noise and construction work that you have to endure while being there.

Georgetown, Penang
Level Contributor
2,564 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Frangipani Langkawi Resort

Albi40,

These renovations started two years ago when they constructed a new swimming pool, very nice it is to.

The resort was taken over by a new company this year and they have been upgrading the rooms and facilities. There is no major construction work going on, the work is all cosmetic. Soft furnishings etc.

If you let me know when you intend to book the trip and when you are arriving I will go and inspect the resort for you and post my findings, then you can decide to change resorts if needed.

The changed the name also, it used to be the Langkawi Village Resort.

Good location.

Slovenia
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Frangipani Langkawi Resort

Thx Robelyn15

Right now I am in the process of arranging flight tickets and when I finally finish with this (still did not decide about departure time) I will ask you for some new information that will be very kind of you.

Georgetown, Penang
Level Contributor
2,564 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Frangipani Langkawi Resort

Albi40,

No problem ! I think we will be near there next week so will post a reply then.

Slovenia
4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Frangipani Langkawi Resort

Robelyn15

Because I was waiting too long time with reservation in Frangipani Resort there was no room available for the period I am going to stay in Lankgawi. But from the reservation center they suggested Holiday Villa. Any comment, experience? If you have some better suggestion, on the beach, near to the restaurants, and similar prices, I will be very grateful.

Best regards

6. Re: Frangipani Langkawi Resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:16 am, August 17, 2009