We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cameron Highlands to Langkawi

Karachi
Level Contributor
303 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Cameron Highlands to Langkawi

Hi all,

Can someone please tell me what is the quickest way to get from Cameron Highlands to Langkawi if we want to leave CH early morning around 8 or 9 am?

I understand that there is some route where you go form CH to Ipoh by bus, then from Ipoh to some port for a ferry (not Penang). and this ferry takes around 1.5 hours to reach Langkawi. But I dont know the exact route and details so would appreciate some advice please.

Many thanks

Sohail

Mentioned in this post
Penang
Penang
Malaysia
Kangar, Malaysia
Level Contributor
63 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Cameron Highlands to Langkawi

Hi

My suggestion is

i) Take Unititi Express bus which depart from Cameron Highland to Buttereworth bus station at 8am...

You can purchase tickets online at

www.busonlineticket.com/bus/unititi_express

Journey will take approximately 4 hours i guess ;)

ii) From Butterworth bus station, take Plusliner Express bus to Kuala Perlis bus station. Bus departed at 2pm and you will arrive Kuala Perlis bus station at 4.30pm

http://www.ticket4u.com.my/plusliner/

iii) From Kuala Perlis bus station, it is walking distance to Kuala Perlis ferry terminal. (less than 5 minutes)

Karachi
Level Contributor
303 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cameron Highlands to Langkawi

Artline1986, I have done that before and the catch is that the ferry leves from Penang at 8:00 am, which means that you have to reach Penang much before that, so you have to leave CH the night before and spend the night in Penang.

Mentioned in this post
Penang
Penang
Malaysia
Kangar, Malaysia
Level Contributor
63 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Cameron Highlands to Langkawi

Hi there

What I mean is Take Bus from Cameron Higland to Butterworth Penang (8am) and then take bus Butterworth to Kuala Perlis (2pm).

You will arrive Kuala Perlis bus station at 4.30 pm.

Ferry depart from Kuala Perlis to Langkawi every hour and will take you around 1 hour and 15 minutes.

thanks

Karachi
Level Contributor
303 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cameron Highlands to Langkawi

Oh, ok.

Thanks. that is good advice artline1986.

5. Re: Cameron Highlands to Langkawi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, April 02, 2015