We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Langkawi in September

Dubai, United Arab...
1 post
Save Topic
Langkawi in September

Hi there,

I'm going to the Singapore F1 in September 2014. I was thinking of adding a week by the beach somewhere. Have always wanted to go to Langkawi but am a bit worried about the rainy season. I'll have a toddler with me and don't want to be stuck indoors! Hs anybody been during rainy season?

I know the weather is one of those never ending topics but any advise would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Norfolk.
Level Contributor
1,650 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Langkawi in September

Hi

Yes it will rain but very rarely for all day.

The mornings are generally nice & sunny but you can expect rain in the afternoons. This will probably only last for an hour or so & then it is fine again.

lesley will give you the full story as that is usuall when she goes.

Mick

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Langkawi, Langkawi District
Level Contributor
10,117 posts
190 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Langkawi in September

Hi

It does rain in September but not usually all day. Tends to be just for a couple of hours and then back to hot sun. The rain can be fun though and does not stop you doing any activities - well, apart from sunbathing!

However, I cannot give any guarantees that it will not rain this September but I am sure you will get more sun than you need.

Lesley

Langkawi, Malaysia
Destination Expert
for Langkawi
Level Contributor
7,063 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Langkawi in September

Lesley and Mick are certainly correct and over the 8 years I live on this island and can underline their words.

But the statistics tell September and October are the wettest months.

Interesting that at certain areas you can expect more rain. F.e. at the north west coast (Berjaya/Datai).

The south and east coast have less, far less rain.

Eva

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
5 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Langkawi in September

Hi saw this topic and thought I'd post here as well. Am also planning a trip to Langkawi end of Sept up to early Oct..the weather shud be ok then? Also have 2 young kids with us and looking at staying in Cenang area.

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
5 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Langkawi in September

Hi saw this topic and thought I'd post here as well. Am also planning a trip to Langkawi end of Sept up to early Oct..the weather shud be ok then? Also have 2 young kids with us and looking at staying in Cenang area.

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
10,117 posts
190 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Langkawi in September

Hi

Can rain more in October......

Lesley

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
5 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Langkawi in September

Oh...would it be better if go in early Nov? Thanks!

Edited: 5:40 am, April 09, 2014
Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
10,117 posts
190 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Langkawi in September

Hi

The weather in Langkawi is more or less the same as you get in KL. The start of November can still be rainy. Later that month the weather usually improves.

Lesley

2 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Langkawi in September

when r u going on sept we also going tos singapore and malaysia in sept

2 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Langkawi in September

Haii we also going to singapore and malaysia in sept26 from chennai and anybody going this time?