We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Island Hopping Tours and Sunset cruise

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
239 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Island Hopping Tours and Sunset cruise

Hi all,

I'm just wondering if anyone has recently done an Island Hopping Cruise. There really seems to be alot of difference in these tours. Some are too rushed, no information, run very late, take too many people, or go to dirty parts of islands.

I am hoping to find one that is highly recommended and has been used lately please.

Also I would like to surprise my husband with a sunset dinner cruise and again looking for one recommended by you all.

Thank you

Jeanette

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Langkawi, Langkawi District
Level Contributor
9,851 posts
185 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Island Hopping Tours and Sunset cruise

Hi

Rather than going on an island hopping trip, I would prefer to spend more and go on a proper sailing trip with Rampant Sailing or with Damai Indah. You will have a much better time.

Lesley

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
239 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Island Hopping Tours and Sunset cruise

Thanks Lesley...I am leaning towards Rampant but was just wondering if anyone had been on one recently.

Thanks for your help though..much appreciated

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
9,851 posts
185 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Island Hopping Tours and Sunset cruise

Hi

Surprise your hubby with the trip on Rampant Sailing. You will have a brilliant day out and see some lovely areas of the island. Well worth the money.

Lesley

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
239 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Island Hopping Tours and Sunset cruise

Thanks Lesley....all booked!!

Norfolk.
Level Contributor
1,650 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Island Hopping Tours and Sunset cruise

Hi

Good choice as the weather here in Langkawi at the moment is perfectly suited to sailing. have a look for them on facebook & you will see what I mean.

We shall be going out with them in a couple of days so will be able to confirm the high standards of this company.

Mick

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
239 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Island Hopping Tours and Sunset cruise

Thank you..I will look forward to that review!!

Also any other info you can give me will be great too. I was going to check out Scarborough Fish and Chips and Devs Mangrove tours as well!!!

Have a great holiday

Jeanette

petpolly
13 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Island Hopping Tours and Sunset cruise

The mangrove tour is quite touristy but well worth doing, very enjoyable for the price.

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
9,851 posts
185 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Island Hopping Tours and Sunset cruise

Hi

You cannot go wrong if you book with Dev's Adventures. The mangrove tour is great and the only time you bump into more tourists is usually at the bat cave which can get busy at times.

Lunch at Scarborough is lovely and well worth the drive to the top of the island. You can have a nice swim there too as there is a room where you can get changed and a shower.

Enjoy

Lesley

Norfolk.
Level Contributor
1,650 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Island Hopping Tours and Sunset cruise

Hi

Scarborough is closed on Mondays

Devs mangrove trips are brilliant. We have been out with all of the guides on different trips & can honestly say that they are very, very good & will point out animals & birds that others miss.

Will keep you posted

Mick

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
239 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Island Hopping Tours and Sunset cruise

Thank you very much Manicmick!

Get answers to your questions about Langkawi