We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hire car or Taxi at Langkawai?

Dhaka
Level Contributor
14 posts
Save Topic
Hire car or Taxi at Langkawai?

I will stay langkawai for 2 days with my wife and 5 year old kid. This is my second visit to langkawai, but first with family. Last time i satyed 2N 3D, but didn't cover a lot. One of my friend visited langkawai last year and hired a car for 2 days. He enjoyed a lot and also suggested me to do same. I hope he didn't miss all the attractive places of penang. I know 2 days may not be enough to cover all. But like to roam around the island. Whether hiring a car would be a cost effective and comfortable option for me. or should take taxi to visit places?

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Langkawi, Langkawi District
Level Contributor
10,540 posts
204 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hire car or Taxi at Langkawai?

Hi

For a 4 hour tour of the island by taxi it will cost you RM100. The driver will take you to all the usual tourist sites and wait for you there. Langkawi is not a big island and this tour could be enough for you and your family. I am sure your child would prefer to spend time on the beach.

Lesley

Dhaka
Level Contributor
14 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Hire car or Taxi at Langkawai?

Hi Steady. Thanks for your information.

Do you think moving from place to place is much cheaper with Taxi than hired car? Please correct me if i am wrong. My plan is.....

I will reach Langkawai by ferry from penang at around 11:30 am. Then I will hire a car from khua for one day. My hotel is at Pentai cenang. Taxi fare is about RM 24 for that trip what i know. I will then go to Cable car. Round trip might take around RM 30. I have plan to come back at Khua for Eagle square and need to go back. Round trip is about RM 48. All togather around RM 100. I hope i could hire one budget car within RM 80-100/day. fuel cost need to be added. If i have a car with me i could move any direction i want even at night. Please suggest me on my plan.

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Langkawi, Langkawi District
Level Contributor
10,540 posts
204 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hire car or Taxi at Langkawai?

Hi

Yes, hire a car. It will be best for you.

Lesley

Dhaka
Level Contributor
14 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Hire car or Taxi at Langkawai?

Hi

Thanks again. Would you suggest any car rental company at Khua. phone number or e-mail. I would like to book the car from penang before coming to Langkawai.

As per my tour plan i will reach there on 17th February 2014 and leave for KL on 19th at 14:00. I already told you about my plan for 17th. Any suggestion for 18th. As my hotel is opposite to Under water world, i will manage time for it. I have 18th whole day .. plan to spend time on beach, island tour .. any specific suggestion for 18th. Any must to do or visit at Langkawai.

Momin

5. Re: Hire car or Taxi at Langkawai?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, December 04, 2014