We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather

Uk
2 posts
Save Topic
Weather

Hi am am coming next week for 1 week - every weather forecast I check says rain every day! I thought this was a good time to come??

Nice, France
Level Contributor
2,781 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Weather

Right now it´s light rain on Langkawi.

Helsinki
Level Contributor
461 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Weather

Yes it is raining, but it is really refreshing...

Helsinki
Level Contributor
461 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Weather

... but the last the three days have been just perfect..

North East England...
Level Contributor
515 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Weather

Jeku, thank you so much for the update. Can you tell me what the weather is like on the east coast please. We're coming to malaysia in around 4 weeks.....can't wait, and spending a couple of weeks doing the touristy things; KL, Penang, Langkawi and then picking a car up and driving across to the other side, down the east coast and back to KL before coming home. Thank you in advance. :)

Nice, France
Level Contributor
2,781 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Weather

Elsa,

As it´s northeast monsoon on the eastcoast from November until the end of March most of the resorts on the islands are closed and the boat traffic is closed due to rough sea and bad weather. Of course you can stay on mainland but you have to expect some rain and overcast.

Edited: 4:32 pm, December 13, 2013
Helsinki
Level Contributor
461 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Weather

Tack för svaret (Thanks for the answer), Lipee. I really don't know the weather at the moment elsewhere than in Oasis bar at Pantai Tengah. Cheers...

North East England...
Level Contributor
515 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Weather

Lipee, thanks for that. We're not travelling to the islands so should be ok. We thought that as we're travelling so far, we'd do more than just KL and Langkawi. We know it's the rainy season (although didn't when we started planning our trip!) but I guess it doesn't rain all day every day does it? I'm hoping the roads will be ok because we plan to drive. What do you think?

Nice, France
Level Contributor
2,781 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Weather

You will have no problem with the roads and you will have sun as well.

Enjoy your holiday!

North East England...
Level Contributor
515 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Weather

Thank you. You're a star ⭐️

Helsinki
Level Contributor
461 posts
4 reviews