We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Langkawi September

Headley, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Langkawi September

Hi

Could anyone tell me how bad the rains are in September I am looking at booking to go Early September but have been told conflicting information on the rains.

I do not mind a couple of hours of rain but is it 24 * 7 ?

My plan is to stay in KL for 3 nights and then 7 night sat The Tanjung Rhu if the rain is that bad any other ideas of a diffrent Beach Resort as I am told the rains vary over the whole of malaysia.

Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Tanjung Rhu
Tanjung Rhu
Langkawi, Malaysia
Langkawi
Level Contributor
294 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Langkawi September

hI mITSL200,

Welcome to the forum.

I do not think anyone is certain about the weather in Langkawi. September should be the rainy season but if u follow the weather thread posted by Robelyn, u shld pick up the fact that the rain comes and goes over here.

It does rain a couple of hrs during rainy season, hardly rain throughout the week.

Tanjung Rhu is beautiful. Do not let the rain to deter u from coming.

Cheers

Mentioned in this post
Tanjung Rhu
Tanjung Rhu
Langkawi, Malaysia
Headley, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Langkawi September

Thanks I think I had already made my mind up to go anyway

Thanks Again

edinburgh
Level Contributor
58 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Langkawi September

Hi there.... we visited Malaysia early September last year and had 3 nights in KL and 8 nights at Tanjung Rhu. There was only one day of rain while we were in Langkawi - other than that beautiful blue skys and perfect temperatures for doing nothing except chilling on the gorgeous beach! Glad to see you are booked up in any case - you will not be disapponted.... idyllic paradise!!

Mentioned in this post
Tanjung Rhu
Tanjung Rhu
Langkawi, Malaysia
Georgetown, Penang
Level Contributor
2,564 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Langkawi September

MitsI200,

I just wish we could predict the weather, it has only just started to rain constantly for a day or two at the moment. It should have been raining lots over the past 6/8 weeks but very little rain.

The theory is that by the time you arrive in this part of Malaysia it should not be very wet, but it is the tropics and rain is in the nature of the region.

I'd take my fellow TA members advice (kawisun) and go for it ! You may not see a single drop of rain, but on the other hand ........mother nature will work away !

Tanjung Rhu is beautiful, if you don't book a bungalow then ask for a pool/seaveiw on one of the wings, the rooms are enormous.

If you like music bring your favorite cd"s. players in the rooms.

My husband is from the UK, he says he prefers Langkawi when it is raining. The air is cooler.

Please watch the weather update I post, it will give you an idea of what to expect on arrival. If you need any info about Langkawi you can also post on that thread.

kawisun,

where has all this rain come from ?

Mentioned in this post
Tanjung Rhu
Tanjung Rhu
Langkawi, Malaysia
5. Re: Langkawi September

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, August 15, 2009