We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car Rental in Langkawi

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Topic
Car Rental in Langkawi

HI,

I shall be reaching Langkawi airport on 6th Oct morning, and flying back to kl on 9th Oct. Planning to stay in Holiday Villa.

I wanted to know is it advisable to rent a car from airport-to-airport basis? We are 2 adults and 2 kids (4 & 8). Is it easy and cheaper than taxis to navigate Langkawi on your own in a rented car?

Which agent should I rent it and where? Don't want anything too fancy. An AC should do.

I have an Indian passport.

Please suggest.

Thanks.

NY
Level Contributor
22 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Car Rental in Langkawi

If you are actively going places, definitely rent a car. I got mine from Langkawi Discovery at the airport - 2000cc Nissan serena for RM550 (4 days, but its the wet season), LDW included. Petrol is about RM 1.8 per litre. Road is the best I had seen in Malaysia. Parking is free everywhere. No brainer for me. Remember to pay in cash so you can get the deposit refund immediately.

norfolk
Level Contributor
7,628 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Car Rental in Langkawi

umm... no. parking is not 'free everywhere'.

there are coupon parking areas in kuah - you buy the coupons in the local shops. the coupon sytem is also in use at the langkawi fair mall.

there is a rm2 charge to park at seven wells and pantai tengkorak.

Sheffield, United...
1 post
Save Reply
13. Re: Car Rental in Langkawi

We just got back from a trip with kids same age as you & had a great time.

Be aware car hire from the airport is cheap, 50RM /day, but they tried to give us a real old wreck the one we settled on was not much better - sticky windows dodgy door lock, for an extra 2RM. So ask to check it out before you pay. Other booths (there were about 8 to choose at airport) may do newer cars as a friend got a new car from the ferry port for not much more money.

We found out later in our trip hire cars should have a hire car licence (diamond shape I think) on wind screen which ours didn't have!

Our kids loved the mangrove trip to see eagles, monkey's, bats, fish feeding, water lizard & dolfins (we were lucky). The sea is clean but not clear as sand seems to be kicked up by sea. The Pulau Payar snorkling boat trip was well worth the money (beach there needs cleaning up though & people should take their litter with them back to ferry) - swim with loads of coral reef fish & sharks, kids snorkled easily with life jackets!

enjoy

14. Re: Car Rental in Langkawi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:35 am, September 15, 2014