We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to rent bikes? Do they have kids' bikes, too?

Cairo
Level Contributor
19 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Where to rent bikes? Do they have kids' bikes, too?

Hi everyone...love all the Langkawi posts. The idea of riding bikes around the island with my family really appeals and seems like a great way to explore (unless it's raining i guess).

No one has answered my earlier qustion about the Sheratons (Resort or Perdana?). I'm worried about the construction at the Perdana and don't want to feel like I'm in a building zone and have wasted our precious 4 days.

Where is the best place to rent bikes and will we find sizes suitable for the kids (6 and 9)? Is Langkawi flat or very hilly?

Thanks in advance,

Laroush

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Langkawi, Langkawi District
Level Contributor
10,236 posts
193 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to rent bikes? Do they have kids' bikes, too?

Hi Laroush

As far as I am aware most of the bigger hotels have bikes for hire (I know the certainly do at the Berjaya where I stay), so I am sure the others do.

They have smaller bikes suitable for children and some of the adult bikes have a child seat on them which could be more suitable for your 6 year old.

The roads are not too busy with traffic.

Sorry I cannot answer your query regarding the building works at the Perdana or comment on the Sheraton Resort.

Lesley

Georgetown, Penang
Level Contributor
2,564 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to rent bikes? Do they have kids' bikes, too?

Laroush,

I really would not recommend riding around in Langkawi on a bike with children. The roads are in fairly good condition, some area's are very up and down hill, but what I would worry about is other road users. Cycling at night is an absolute No No !

I think you'd be best with boats and taxi trips or hire a car.

Stay safe !

3. Re: Where to rent bikes? Do they have kids' bikes, too?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:19 pm, August 14, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Langkawi