We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Currency Conversion & recommendations

Level Contributor
35 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Currency Conversion & recommendations

Hi Guys,

Me and my wife are off on our honeymoon this Sunday,

We are flying out to Singapore for 1 night and then off to Langkawi for 9 nights.

Im going to be taking 2000 ringgit as a minimum (as there is a limit on what we can take)

my question is, should i take more? do they enforce the limit? I've heard that the exchange rate is far better in langkawi than in the UK... is this true..

Lastly... any recommendation on places to eat? we are staying in four seasons so something near by?

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Langkawi, Langkawi District
Level Contributor
10,864 posts
204 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Currency Conversion & recommendations

Hi

The Four Seasons is in the north of the island and I am afraid there is nothing near this hotel, except other 5* hotels. It is a 30 min journey by taxi into Pantai Cenang, which is the main tourist area of the island and where the majority of restaurants are. Dining is quite expensive at Four Seasons, so you will need quite a bit of cash.

I have never known the 2,000RM limit being enforced and yes, the exchange rate is usually slightly better in Langkawi that in the UK.

Enjoy your honeymoon.

Lesley

Finland
Level Contributor
896 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Currency Conversion & recommendations

Credit cards are quite widely accepted in Langkawi and will always give you the best exchange rate. There are also two money exchange booths at the Langkawi airport. Buying ringgits outside Malaysia is the most expensive option. By using a credit card you would save probably 5% compared to bringing ringgits into the country.

The hotel where you are staying is luxurious. Enjoy.

3. Re: Currency Conversion & recommendations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, July 27, 2014