We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Langkawi Weather

Newcastle
Level Contributor
49 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Langkawi Weather

Hi All!

Thinking about taking a couple of weeks in Langkawi mid July as we are in Malaysia from the beginning of July and want a nice holiday type of stay before embarking on 5 months of travel!

I was wondering what peoples thoughts were on the weather? I'm not so bothered about the rainfall, from what I read a couple of hours a day is welcome in the heat and that I do not mind. Is the rest of the time sunny as I've heard it can get overcast?

Thanks!

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Langkawi, Langkawi District
Level Contributor
9,339 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Langkawi Weather

Hi

Weather in December should be hot and sunny but the island will be very busy at that time. It is peak season then.

Lesley

sydney
Level Contributor
30 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Langkawi Weather

We got 2.9 at Affin bank last week in kuah

it would be less if you used money changer in Cenang

say 2.7 to 2.8

Canberra, Australia
Level Contributor
32 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Langkawi Weather

Sorry sue - we got busy! I get my money thru a 28 degrees card which is aligned to the xe exchange rate with no international fees. My husband says he got 2.81 the other day in Penang.

We had a total downpour again this morning but it cleared after lunch. Yesterday was good but overcast. It has been a a shame but it happens.

R

Langkawi, Malaysia
Destination Expert
for Langkawi
Level Contributor
6,973 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Langkawi Weather

Dear Means,

the rate is bout 3 to one. Most people change money here. There are several money changers and banks around. No problems or worries here. I would not bring too much cash as we have plenty of ATMs

Weather right now is not bad at all! Maybe some 2 hours of rain, plenty of sun, not too hot. In other words I love it.

Eva

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
48 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Langkawi Weather

Thanks Robyn and Eva. For your replies....much appreciated.

16. Re: Langkawi Weather

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, July 20, 2014