We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Langkawi Weather

Newcastle
Level Contributor
49 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Langkawi Weather

Hi All!

Thinking about taking a couple of weeks in Langkawi mid July as we are in Malaysia from the beginning of July and want a nice holiday type of stay before embarking on 5 months of travel!

I was wondering what peoples thoughts were on the weather? I'm not so bothered about the rainfall, from what I read a couple of hours a day is welcome in the heat and that I do not mind. Is the rest of the time sunny as I've heard it can get overcast?

Thanks!

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Langkawi, Langkawi District
Level Contributor
10,395 posts
201 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Langkawi Weather

Hi

It is difficult to predict what the weather is going to be like. July is the rainy season and often it can just be a couple of hours or longer. It is still very hot and humid when it rains though and hopefully you will get more sun than you need.

Lesley

London, United...
Level Contributor
16 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Langkawi Weather

Hi Tricky Dicky,

Have a gander at this please....

www.holiday-weather.com/langkawi/averages/

Langkawi, Malaysia
Destination Expert
for Langkawi
Level Contributor
7,097 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Langkawi Weather

Dear Dicky,

living in the tropics you quickly learn to love cloudy, windy days. Only once within the 8 years that I am here now I have experienced only one year where August has been very wet - then again October was totally dry.

And after a downpour the mist comes up the mountains and that looks truly amazing - like fire or even snow! Gunung Raya at night sometimes looks like an active Vulcan.However, you will get enough sun, that is for sure.

Eva

Save Reply
4. Re: Langkawi Weather

Hi,

Me and my girlfriend will be staying at Langkawi for 12 nights, from July 5th to 17th. From the weather forecast it doesn't look very good; thunderstorms, cloudy and rain, but what should we expect? Still chances for sun?

Regards,

Kjetil

Langkawi, Malaysia
Destination Expert
for Langkawi
Level Contributor
7,097 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Langkawi Weather

Dear Kjetel,

80% sure the weather will be much better than the forecast. But do expect some 2 hours of rain per day and enjoy it. Most activities can be done regardless the weather.

Have fun.

Eva

Newcastle
Level Contributor
49 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Langkawi Weather

Thanks for all your replies. As we are heading out (potentially) tomorrow, any update on what the wether is like now?

Thanks!

Canberra, Australia
Level Contributor
33 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Langkawi Weather

I'm in pantai cenang right now and waiting for this rain to clear. I'm hopeful that the sun will come out sometime soon. Any advice on what to do during rainy periods, particularly with Kids would be appreciated.

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Langkawi, Langkawi District
Level Contributor
10,395 posts
201 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Langkawi Weather

Hi

Take the kids to Underwater World and then to McD's which is next door.

Lesley

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
48 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Langkawi Weather

Hi Robyn

Wondering if you can help me with some info regards exchange rate over there at the moment, AUD To Malaysian ringgits?

Im heading over there in a week, and just tossing up between getting some money exchanged here in Perth, before we go---or just do it in Langkawi, as the rate is usually always better once you are in the actual country!

Do you think you can send me a quick reply and let me know what you are exchanging 1 AUD for MYR in Langkawi ?

Sounds like you are having some bad weather over there.....sure hope it fines up for you.

Sue

Johor Bahru...
Level Contributor
34 posts
315 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Langkawi Weather

hi,

may i know how's whether of decembe/\, thank your