We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Night Markets

Stockport
Level Contributor
961 posts
85 reviews
Save Topic
Night Markets

I've seen the article showing where the night markets are on different days ( tripadvisor.co.uk/Travel-g298283-c96268/Lang… ) but it seems to date back to 2008. Is it still up-to-date please? Also are all the markets fairly similar in size and the type of stalls? We'll only be hiring a car for a couple of days while we're in Langkawi next month and visiting a night market is one of our priorities, so we want to make sure we get the right days!

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Langkawi, Langkawi District
Level Contributor
9,466 posts
179 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Night Markets

Hi

The night markets move around the island every day but the best one is in Kuah Town on a Wednesday and Saturday evenings. I would go to either of these if you can.

You may not find them very interesting from a tourist point of view although there is lots of food that you can try.

Lesley

Stockport
Level Contributor
961 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Night Markets

Thanks Lesley. We went to the one in Kuah a few trips ago, so I've got an idea of what to expect. Main priorities are food and a few of those long, loose cotton kaftan-type things that I love slipping into on summer mornings before I get around to having a shower and getting dressed :o)

3. Re: Night Markets

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, March 21, 2014