We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport - Danna Hotel Transfers

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
127 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Airport - Danna Hotel Transfers

Hi,

Can someone please let me know the best way to do my transfers to/from the airport/The Danna Hotel. I'm travelling on my own, first time to Langkawi in mid April.

Thanks,

FMSF61

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Langkawi, Langkawi District
Level Contributor
10,855 posts
204 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airport - Danna Hotel Transfers

Hi

You could contact the hotel and ask them to pick you up but this could be expensive.

The best way is to get a taxi from the airport. The taxi counter is in the arrivals hall and the prices are fixed so no need to haggle. It will cost around 26RM from the airport to The Danna.

Lesley

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
127 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airport - Danna Hotel Transfers

Hi Lesley,

Thank you so much for your advice and quick reply. I very much appreciate it. Sounds like the taxi will be easy and least expensive. Thanks again.

Fiona

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Langkawi, Langkawi District
Level Contributor
10,855 posts
204 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Airport - Danna Hotel Transfers

Hi

You are welcome. You will love your stay at The Danna - very luxurious.....

Lesley

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
127 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Airport - Danna Hotel Transfers

Thanks for your comment on the Danna. I need a good rest and a bit of luxury. I'm really looking forward to it. I was guided by the reviews on TA which I always find reliable. Fiona

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
5 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Airport - Danna Hotel Transfers

Hi Fiona - how did you find the taxi journey to the Danna? We are staying there this weekend and I'm trying to figure out the best way to transfer from the airport to the hotel.

Thanks!

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
127 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Airport - Danna Hotel Transfers

Hi Boomskilpaadjie,

Taxi ride was perfect and very cheap - about AUD$8.00 and takes around 15 - 20 minutes. Per Lesley's (Steady) above advice just go to taxi counter in arrivals hall and pay and you'll be at the Danna in no time. You will love the Danna - it's very luxurious but down to earth at the same time. I'm currently working hard and saving my pennies as I hope to return to the Danna in November. FYI - all information I received from Steady (Lesley) and Pamredboots on TA was accurate and very helpful as they know Langkawi well. So you will be well guided by all their information reported on TA. Have a great weekend.

Regards,

Fiona

7. Re: Airport - Danna Hotel Transfers

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, August 07, 2014