We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Danna to Datai ?

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
87 posts
128 reviews
Save Topic
Danna to Datai ?

Hi

We will be stopping at The Danna hotel & was thinking of having a night out at the Thai restaurant at

The Datai as it has some great reviews is it a short trip by taxi from our hotel to the Datai & roughly how much will it cost .

Less than one week now & we can't wait -) !

Kulim, Malaysia
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Danna to Datai ?

Hi

How your experience in Danna to Datai. Any interesting motel with great value?

How you rate Danna hotel and it facilities ?

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur, Macau, Hong Kong
Level Contributor
14,892 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Danna to Datai ?

Hi, based on my past experience, a taxi from Pantai Kok, where The Danna is situated to Datai will be in the region of RM35-RM45.

Best if you charter the taxi for about 2-3 hours,as Datai is rather remote,and could be a long wait for a taxi to come round in the night.

Personally, speaking, the Thai restaurant is great for its ambience,but not really authentic Thai food as it claims to be.

Taxi ride will be around 25-30mins.

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Langkawi, Langkawi District
Level Contributor
9,563 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Danna to Datai ?

Hi

Taxi drivers quite often charge more for a trip to The Datai - they do not like going there.

If you want a nice Thai meal book a table at the Pahn Thai at the Berjaya. This hotel is "just up the road" from The Danna. Cost around 10RM each way by taxi. Book a table for round about sunset - beautiful.

Lesley

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
87 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Danna to Datai ?

Thanks again think will give Datai a miss & try Berjaya instead have to say it is a shame that there seems to be a lack of Malaysian restaurants in Langkawi if any one has a suggestion be pleased to hear I know you have Privelidge but how about a less expensive option ?

Norfolk.
Level Contributor
1,650 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Danna to Datai ?

Hi

You could always try Maya on Pantai Tengah.

We ate there last night & I have to say that the food was fabulous.

Two of my criteria for a restaurant are 1, did I enjoy it & 2 would I go back there. With Maya I enjoyed it the first time & last night was my fourth visit.

Another good option would be Fat Cupid, also on Pantai Tengah, where they do nyonya style cooking which is also very good. Ate there on Sun & will probably eat there again.

We shall be looking to try many different places on this trip so will update if we find anything

Mick

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
87 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Danna to Datai ?

Cheers Mick We leave this Sunday cannot wait !

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Langkawi, Langkawi District
Level Contributor
9,563 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Danna to Datai ?

Hi

You could always try the food court at the Oriental Village. They have a huge selection of foods there and all very cheap.

Best to go through the day or early evening. It does not usually stay open until late.

Lesley

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
327 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Danna to Datai ?

We drove from Berjaya to Datai and its quiteeeeeeee a distance...

I would advise against it... instead there are lots of restaurants at the perdana quay which you can try...

Cheers!

Aishu

Louisville, Kentucky
Level Contributor
284 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Danna to Datai ?

Berjaya is nice but yes it is pricey. I love restaurants there tho but because I am too lazy to go out. You can check out food around Pantai Cenang, there are many restaurants by the beach but if you want something cheaper than that go to Kuah (city center), food are most likely cheaper because of location (just not by the beach).

Cheers,

Mini M

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
87 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Danna to Datai ?

Just another one guys is the Four Seasons any easier to get to or is it in the middle of no where like Datai ?

Get answers to your questions about Langkawi