We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

RE: Gentings Highland or Langkawai cable car visit

London
Level Contributor
166 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
RE: Gentings Highland or Langkawai cable car visit

Hi all

In March will be spending 4 days in Penang and 4 days in KL. I would like to take a cable car ride at either Genting Highlands or in Langkawai. If I take the Gentings option I am only interested in the cable car ride. My question is which one is better?

Option 1

Leave hotel in BF to ferry port in Georgetown and take 08.30am ferry arrive at 11.15am. Visit cable car and oriental village (maybe ½ hour Segway ride if time permits). Head to airport to catch 17.30pm flight.

Option 2

Leave hotel in BF to ferry port in Georgetown and take 08.30 ferry arrive at 11.15am. Visit cable car and oriental village. Spend night and return next day on afternoon flight.

How long is journey & cost from BF to Georgetown ferry port? Also how far is the Oriental village from the ferry port?

Would prefer to do a day trip due to my limited time.

Thanks and regards,

Bibliosd.

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Langkawi, Langkawi District
Level Contributor
10,117 posts
190 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: RE: Gentings Highland or Langkawai cable car visit

Hi

Before you make any sort of arrangements you will need to check the website for the cable car to make sure it is not closed for maintenance when you want to visit or you will have a wasted journey.

It is a good 45 mins drive from the ferry port to the Oriental Village and will cost around 30RM each way by taxi.

Lesley

Isle Of Wight
Destination Expert
for Isle of Wight, Sitges
Level Contributor
3,748 posts
253 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: RE: Gentings Highland or Langkawai cable car visit

Having done both the Langkawi and the Gentings cable car. My first choice would be Langkawi........as long as you like great heights !

London
Level Contributor
166 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: RE: Gentings Highland or Langkawai cable car visit

Thanks for both your replies!

4. Re: RE: Gentings Highland or Langkawai cable car visit

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, February 13, 2014