We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Resort for family (2 bedrooms) 4-5 star

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
3 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Resort for family (2 bedrooms) 4-5 star

My husband & I would like to travel to Langkawi in April with our daughter who will be 18mths and are having trouble finding accommodation. We want to stay at a nice resort but about RM 1000 per night is our budget. We need a 2 bedroom (or 1 bedroom with walk in robe big enough for a cot) so our daughter can sleep separately. However, as she is still little I need a set up where we are close enough if she needs us (not sure about interconnecting rooms). We can't all stay in one room even if it is spacious as she thinks it is playtime if we are there.

I have seen the Berjaya's family chalets but the reviews are mixed & the resort looks a bit dated. Does anyone have any other suggestions?

Many thanks,

Meg

Norfolk.
Level Contributor
1,650 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Resort for family (2 bedrooms) 4-5 star

Hi

The chalets at Berjaya have all been renovated so they are all very modern.

I assume that you are lookig at the studios & they are huge (double the size of an ordinary room) so you will have no problem with space.

Another option would be Pelangi on Pantai Cenang or even Holiday Villas.

Mick

norfolk
Level Contributor
7,653 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Resort for family (2 bedrooms) 4-5 star

the 'family room' at the berjaya is formed from two rainforest chalets. instead of the studio layout, it has retained two separate bedroom areas, one with twin beds and one with a king. these chalets have been completely rebuilt and refitted within the last three years, and are not dated in the least.

pam

Langkawi, Malaysia
Destination Expert
for Langkawi
Level Contributor
7,014 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Resort for family (2 bedrooms) 4-5 star

Dear Meg,

check out Meritus Pelangi.

Eva

4. Re: Resort for family (2 bedrooms) 4-5 star

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, January 23, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Langkawi