We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel duration and distance

Bangladesh
1 post
Save Topic
Travel duration and distance

Dear Recipient,

Hello.

I'm planning to visit Malaysia soon. During the visit I wish to travel to Langkawi from KL. I'd like to know how far is Langkawi from KL in kilometer and if I take a taxi how long will it take to reach Langkawi from KL.

Thank you in anticipation.

Regards

Tariq

Mentioned in this post
Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Langkawi, Langkawi District
Level Contributor
11,511 posts
217 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel duration and distance

Hi

Langkawi is an island and the easiest way to reach it is to fly from KL otherwise you will have a very long journey by taxi and you will then have to take the ferry from the mainland.

Lesley

Langkawi, Malaysia
Level Contributor
2,461 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel duration and distance

Distance between Kuala Lumpur and Langkawi is 408 km or 253 miles or 220 nautical miles. To take a cab, you need to go across to Kuala Kedah by ferry (1.5hrs) and 5-6 hrs by taxi. Just like what Lesley said, it's cheaper to fly and saves lots of time too.

Mentioned in this post
Kuala Lumpur
Kuala Lumpur
Wilayah Persekutuan, Malaysia
Langkawi, Malaysia
Level Contributor
2,461 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel duration and distance

www.airasia.com

www.fireflyz.com.my

www.malaysiaairlines.com

4. Re: Travel duration and distance

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, December 21, 2013