We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Casa Del Mar - Where to book in the UK?

Nottingham
Level Contributor
37 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Casa Del Mar - Where to book in the UK?

I have read with interest all the fantastic reviews this resort has been given on Tripadvisor and wanted to investigate prices and availability for Xmas/New Year this year, however, I'm struggling to find any UK tour operators that feature this hotel.

Can anyone advise who you have booked your holiday through when staying at this hotel - did you book via a tour operator or build your own flight and hotel package?

As we are wanting to do a multi-centre holiday in KL, Borneo and then Langkawi I was really hoping to find a company that could organise all this for us rather than arrange our own flights, transfers etc.

Hope you can help!

West Sussex, United...
Level Contributor
82 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Casa Del Mar - Where to book in the UK?

Hayes and Jarvis Far East brochure feature this hotel

Devon
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Casa Del Mar - Where to book in the UK?

I have booked our holiday via Travelmood inc. return flights to Langkawi via KL, staying in KL for 3 nights on our return. Travelmood have arranged everything other than our accomodation at Casa Del Mar, I have booked this direct with the hotel who will also pick you up from the airport at a small cost.

We are due to travel May 14th, but are looking forward to our stay at Casa Del Mar, as like you have booked due to the fantastic reviews.

Manchester uk
Level Contributor
144 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Casa Del Mar - Where to book in the UK?

Hi mantru,

We are doing the same trip at the same time! Can I suggest a really helpful guy called Danny at

SIMPLYMALAYSIA.COM

265 Hinckley Road, Leicester LE3 0TH, United Kingdom

Telephone +44 (0)870 112 1310 . +44 (0)870 112 1201

danny@intraveller.com . sales@intraveller.com

www.simplymalaysia.com . www.intraveller.com

We are staying at shangri la k/l,star in Borneo and CDM. Very helpful and efficient and gave my wife and I a price we are happy with all transfers sorted etc.Seems a nice and TRUSTWORTHY guy.

If you dont go with this guy ,open a RBS royalties account if you use a tour operater ring them and they will undercut them by 10%. We have done this many times but this time nobody could come close on price.

Good luck and see you there!

Paul and Claire

Nottingham
Level Contributor
37 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Casa Del Mar - Where to book in the UK?

Thanks everyone for all the quick responses. I've been out and got the Hayes&Jarvis brochure already and am going to make contact with Danny now too! Will let you know how I get on!

Kuching
Level Contributor
1,287 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Casa Del Mar - Where to book in the UK?

Its also a good idea to call the hotel directly (phone not email) and try to bargain for a room price. Its not always like the west where booking from a web service is cheaper. They are often more flexible this way and the person on the phone may cut you a great rate just to fill the room. Remember to be stubborn.

Tel : (60) (4) 955 2388

http://www.casadelmar-langkawi.com/home.htm

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
372 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Casa Del Mar - Where to book in the UK?

After spending litery hours on the net have just booked for langkawi staying at the Casa Del Mar leaving on Xmas eve. It was very hard finding a web site that took bookings for the hotel over Xmas and New Year, the only one we found was Asia Rooms and they have a reputation of giving you a price then jacking it up. You can of course get a refund but thats more time and effort.

We have ended up booking with a Company called Colours, never heard of them myself but we tend to do our own thing anyway.

Nottingham
Level Contributor
37 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Casa Del Mar - Where to book in the UK?

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone for your replies. We have booked our holiday through Danny at SimplyMalaysia.com and were very pleased with the prompt and excellent service he provided as well as the competitive price.

Can't wait for the holiday now but it feels a long way off at the mo as we're going over Xmas/New Year - so only 7 months to wait!

Manchester uk
Level Contributor
144 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Casa Del Mar - Where to book in the UK?

Well done! Apparently you're doing more or less the same trip as my wife and I so you can buy me a pint for putting you on to Danny! Only kidding roll on December!

9. Re: Casa Del Mar - Where to book in the UK?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 pm, August 12, 2009