We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
1 post
7 reviews
Save Topic
Hotels

I am visiting Langkawi next week and have read mixed reviews on accommodation which has left me confused.

I will be having a few nights at Rebak Resort, however, am looking for accommodation around restaurants etc. in Langkawi that is modern, scenic and around or below $200 per night. I am quite open to something traditional as well if it's a little bit out of town and is a great experience.

Thank you.

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Langkawi, Langkawi District
Level Contributor
10,855 posts
204 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotels

Hi

Have you checked out Berjaya? This hotel is Malaysian style chalets built in the rainforest, has wonderful views, lots of wildlife and is built in 70 acres so although it is a big hotel it never feels crowded.

I am sure you would love it.

Lesley

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
464 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotels

Hi there. Sounds like Pantai Cenang is the area you would like.Loads of restaurants, local and more up-market ones. Cassa del Mar is a small boutique hotel, around 3 minute walk to the restaurants. Google them and see if they have any rooms that suit your budget. Right next door is Beach Garden Resort which may have something. 3 star, right on the beach as is Cassa del Mar. Beach Garden only have 12 rooms so you may have problems. You may also like to look at Bon Ton..much more expensive but beautiful traditional Malay accommodtion about a 5 minute taxi ride from Pantai Cenang. Then there is the more modern Meritus Pelangi Beach Hotel, large inernational style hotel, walking distancet to Pantai Cenang, again around 4-5 star..popular with families as its quite large with modern facilities.

Hope this helps.

cheers

Langkawi, Malaysia
Destination Expert
for Langkawi
Level Contributor
7,154 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotels

Dear Todd,

hope you do not need to sleep on the beach! Book, man, book now!

Eva

4. Re: Hotels

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:16 pm, December 17, 2013