We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Year End Family Holiday in Langkawi

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
14 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Year End Family Holiday in Langkawi

Hi there,

I planned to go for a family holiday in Langkawi for the year end, 28 Dec to 2 Jan 2013. I will be traveling with 3 children (7 to 12 years old) and a 5 months baby together with my wife for sure and also with one of my colleague. I have booked late afternoon flight from KL but then we are going on a train back to KL because we would like to have an experience in a different atmosphere.

Does anyone can help and advise me for the followings questions:

1. In which area that are suitable to accommodate my family holiday? I would prefer to stay in one of a convenience resort hotel with the budget not more than RM200/ night but also not too isolated from the crowd.

2. How much is the cost to rent car per day that can carry 3 adult and 3 children? I think Toyata Avanza is enough for me.

3. How do I get to Arau train station on way back from Langkawi from the chosen hotel? Would it vbe that far and at what time should I leave for the train station?

4. A family tour package would be an option also for me to take. Any advise on a specific interesting places that we should to visit?

5. I like to make a picture so much and would like to have "must visit" for my land/seascape portfolio in photography as well as human interest of a local is like fisherman compound. Any advise on this?

Thank you and appreciate for your feedback.

Cheers,

Taufik Budiharto

Langkawi, Malaysia
Level Contributor
2,461 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Year End Family Holiday in Langkawi

Hi Taufik,

1. Cenang would be a nice place to stay.Though hotel with the budget not more than RM200 a night can be a challenge. May be you try Soluna Motel. They have a room with 10 bunk beds for RM150.

2. RM180

3. Ferry to Kuala Perlis & cab to Arau train station. It all depend on what time is your train. The ferry is 1hr and the cab is 30mins ride though.

4. Since you are planning to rent a car, you do not have to purchase a family tour package.

5. Go for Island Hopping Tour, Mangrove trip, Cable Car ride, Galeria Perdana, Lagenda Park, Eagle Square, Tanjung Rhu & Perdana Quay. They are very picturesque.

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
14 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Year End Family Holiday in Langkawi

Thank you for your response, Baskie. That's helpful enough.

Now, I am facing a bit difficult to get room available along Pantai Cenang on the date of my holiday. Do you think Kuah area can be an option? I am lookig at Safa Idaman Apartment? Pls advise....Thx.

Langkawi, Malaysia
Destination Expert
for Langkawi
Level Contributor
7,014 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Year End Family Holiday in Langkawi

Dear Taufik,

Kuah is not really a thrill; no beaches and you need transport. But you might indeed have difficulties to find some place in Cenang for your budget. Mabe try Bellavista.

Eva

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
14 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Year End Family Holiday in Langkawi

Hello Eva,

Its true. I am now a bit worried in getting the accomodation during my holiday. Hotels are all fully booked down in Cenang area.

can anyone advise me further?

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
582 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Year End Family Holiday in Langkawi

You need to make a decision very quick. You have waited till the last minute to travel the busiest and most expensive time of the year. It's too bad you booked flights already. I would just cancel flights and visit somewhere else or not visit anywhere at all.

Langkawi, Malaysia
Level Contributor
2,461 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Year End Family Holiday in Langkawi

Hmmmm......Kondo Idaman. That's next to where I am staying. Not a great holiday place but having said that, You will be out most of the time. So, if you are hiring a vehicle and planning to back to shower & sleep, then it will be perfect.

The pool picture here can be very deceiving.

Happy Planning!

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
14 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Year End Family Holiday in Langkawi

Finally I got two rooms just right on the beach in pantai chenang area.

Thank you for all the feedback.

Cheers,

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
19 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Year End Family Holiday in Langkawi

Hi. Can I ask the name of where you stayed in Pantai Cenang and what you thought of it? I am planning 3 days in Langkawi and am also on a bit of a budget but want value for money with some comfort for my family. Thanks in advance.

9. Re: Year End Family Holiday in Langkawi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, January 16, 2014