We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Please help an ignorant traveller!

Manchester uk
Level Contributor
141 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Please help an ignorant traveller!

Posted on: 8:55 pm, today Report inappropriate post

Hope you can help! My wife and I are staying at the Casa Del Mar over Christmas and I have looked all over this site and can not find the answer. Is the sea ok for swimming and is the beach ok. Thanks in anticipation of your help.

Cheers

Paul and Claire.

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur, Macau, Hong Kong
Level Contributor
14,892 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Please help an ignorant traveller!

Hi Paul and Claire,Casa Del Mar (CdM) sits on Pantai Cenang beach. As the name suggest in Spanish--it is a home by the sea.

The beach is brilliant,and is the sea OK for swimming--it is perfect for swimming.

My german friends and I,could not get enough, and they just love the warm feeling of the water, a short dive beneath(which is cool), then the welcoming warm waters, we were in it for so long, until my hands wrinkled up.

Paul and Claire, the moment you step onto Cdm, you will be in ecstasy. As there are only 29 rooms, the level of service is excellent. And with its architecture, both of you , for a minute, may think you are in French Riviera.

Andrew (the GM) will ensure you have a perfect stay and he will be there to welcome you. Andrew Drummond is an Englishman, but he did his growing up in Malaysia, before going to England for his hotel management studies.

So, stop searching and think of the snorkelling sets, swimming trunks and swimming costumes. If you want more of swimming and snorkelling, head to the Payar Island Marine Park.

Why again is the beach Ok? a Land Rover defender is doing the job??well, the good olde english vehicle is now a mechanized beachcomber. Get to the beach early and it has a silky combed feel.

And do check your CDM Castaway Picnic--well, am not sure it is a castaway, with Moet and Candon champagne and smoked salmon! Bliss.

Hope Andrew does not go away for Christmas.

Manchester uk
Level Contributor
141 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Please help an ignorant traveller!

thanks mkiaratravel.

Manchester uk
Level Contributor
141 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Please help an ignorant traveller!

thanks mkiaratravel.

Get answers to your questions about Langkawi