We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

weather in langkawi in march

manchester
2 posts
Save Topic
weather in langkawi in march

We are going to langkawi on 1st March for 10 days and I was what kind of weather to expect and how warm is it in the evenings ie would I need to take a cardigan when sitting outside at night?

Perth Australia
Level Contributor
94 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: weather in langkawi in march

It is still the dry season in March but you may get a shower of rain sometime. The days can be hot and the evenings are lovely and warm. No need for cardi except sometimes places have their aircon on very high. But I have found restaurants etc particuarly along the beaches mainly have fan cooling.

October and November is the wet season and even then it is warm. As it is in the tropics the max and min temp don't change very much.

enjoy! P.S. You may need mosquito repellant at dusk.

manchester
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: weather in langkawi in march

Thanks for that info, I will take some mozzy repellant.

australia
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: weather in langkawi in march

I returned from Langkawi yesterday! They have had no rain for 5 months and are not expecting any until about April. Everyday was sunny and hot (I was there for 14 days). I only wore skirts and very light tops, and came home with all trousers and cardigans unworn. I suggest take one light cardigan just in case but pack very very light clothes as it is very warm right through the night. Have a good trip.

uk
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: weather in langkawi in march

Hi There

I am off to langkawi around the 15/04/05. Do you have any idea what the weather will be like. Any advise on cheaper but nice hotels that are well located and not to isolated.Thankyou!