We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

4D3N trip to Langkawi

Penang Island...
Level Contributor
43 posts
Save Topic
4D3N trip to Langkawi

Hi all,

I along with my wife and 10 months' old kid hope to visit langkawi during 08 Dec 12 to 11 Dec 12. I need some advice guys (includes ladies also :P):

1. I plan to make two trips , which two I should take from the 3 (Island hop, Mangrove , Marne Park pulau pyar)?? btw, I cannot afford Dev's Adventure, though I would have loved to :(, so consider the regular ones!

2. I plan to visit the oriental village, cable car and do some beach sports, chk out the shops nearby. Is there anything else that I should not miss given the short time frame!.

3. Some mentioned here that I may give a "miss" to the underwater as it is better in KL... I also plan to visit Singapore? Can u tell which one is better? the one in KL or the one in Sentosa??

I will really appreciate ur help a lot.

Thanks in advance.

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Langkawi, Langkawi District
Level Contributor
9,446 posts
179 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 4D3N trip to Langkawi

Hi

The one trip you should do is the mangrove tour. If you cannot afford Dev's Adventures, then please chose one which is eco-friendly and does not do eagle feeding.

Unless you are really into diving then give Pulau Payar a miss as it is a full day trip and you do not have that much time.

Enjoy

Lesley

Penang Island...
Level Contributor
43 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: 4D3N trip to Langkawi

Thanks very much!

So, I think I may drop the snorkeling!

But still, one more thing, is the snorkeling trip suitable for my infant?

I mean, shed from sun, or facilty?

And, can I have my luggage in a safe place in pulau payar?

Isle Of Wight
Destination Expert
for Isle of Wight, Sitges
Level Contributor
3,383 posts
247 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 4D3N trip to Langkawi

You only have 2 whole days, I personally don't think the snorkelling trip to Pulau Payer is suitable for a baby, nor would it be much fun for the person left looking after the child.

Could you leave the baby with grand parents for a few days? Then your wife can have a holiday too.

Penang Island...
Level Contributor
43 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: 4D3N trip to Langkawi

Thanks for your suggestion, I so decide not to go for pulau payar!

And for my wife, I think I will try to look after the baby, so that she can enjoy more

:) and :(

England
Level Contributor
3 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 4D3N trip to Langkawi

Hi is there a good place to go to get good deals and suggestions about trips ? We definitely want to do it in an Eco friendly manner. We will be there for a week from the 2nd to the 9th of January

Thanks

England
Level Contributor
3 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 4D3N trip to Langkawi

Hi is there a good place to go to get good deals and suggestions about trips ? We definitely want to do it in an Eco friendly manner. We will be there for a week from the 2nd to the 9th of January

Thanks

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,950 posts
221 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 4D3N trip to Langkawi

Underwater world in Singapore is great. But it will cost you heaps more than the one in KL. I like the one in KL also.

Do you intend to hire a car or taxi it on Langkawi? No buses, so they are your only options.

When you arrive at Langkawi airport you are handed a booklet that gives you lots of info of things to do on the island.

There is also a small bird park on Langkawi, about an hour is all you need.

But the one in Singapore is massive, you need at least 3 to 4 hours there. If you do a bus tour, they only allow for 2 hours at the bird park. Not enough time.

8. Re: 4D3N trip to Langkawi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, November 12, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Langkawi