We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Same old question.......

Qatar
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Topic
Same old question.......

We are a large family of 7 with 5 children ages from 6 months to 10 years. We are looking for a hotel that is family friendly, and has interconnecting rooms, or better yet bungalows to fit our family. I have done a lot of research, but still would like anyones input!

I am a little worried after reading a lot of non-child friendly posts on here. We would not want to go to a hotel that our kids were not welcome by the staff or other guests. Our kids are very well behaved, but they are kids on holiday. They like to play in the pool, and on the beach. I don't want to be made to feel uncomfortable by people giving dirty looks, or nasty comments. My kids have lived/travelled all over the world, and we have never encountered this. I am not wanting to start another debate on this, just looking for a good place for our family to enjoy our holiday where we will be welcome. Thank you!

Budapest, Hungary
Level Contributor
295 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Same old question.......

Of the better resorts, the tanjung rhu is definitely child friendly. There seems to always be a manageable number of kids there. The kids club is quite small but there are outdoor activities each day for kids of various ages and there should be several kids of like age for your children to play with. The staff was wonderful with our daughter and they offer a babysitting service if needed.

I've heard that the Datai is a bit more difficult with kids because of the jungle, spread out layout and while the Four Seasons advertises as child friendly, it is quite large and spread out as well.

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
293 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Same old question.......

Hi

Go to the Berjaya Resort, the place is very kid friendly , lots for them to do and the bungalow rooms are interleading so that you can keep an eye on them all the time.

There is also a lot to do in the immediate vacinity and with the cheap car hire it is very easy to get around the island.

Enjoy

Level Contributor
70 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Same old question.......

Hi,

The Berjaya is very kid friendly and will give you lots of room options.

There is also plenrty do there.

Car hire - people mover is also very reasonable cost.

The chn. wil enjoy the oriental village activities near by - young ones will love the rabbit enclosure.

The cable car ride is a must!

Georgetown, Penang
Level Contributor
2,564 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Same old question.......

Hi,

You could try The Mutiara at Burau Bay. They have large family cabana's, very large grassy play area and small playgrounds. Also a nice pool that has a kids area to one side.

I go there quite often and have seen many children there, the staff are excellent with them, I don't think you need to worry about this unless you are going to The Datai or Four Seasons.

Yorks, UK
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Same old question.......

see someone mentions you going to Tanjung Rhu with kids. just got back and there were kids there and most were well behaved. beach and pool choice great so no probs there. only update I can offer is the assistant general manager confirmed whilst we were there that they were going back to restricting numbers of kids which is something they did last year.

personally now that they have got the new flash pool I think they are trying to discourage kids certainly for next year if not this.