We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accomodation

Australia
Level Contributor
15 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Accomodation

My family ( 2 adults, 2 kids 9and 12) stayed in Langkawi at the Meritus Pelangi in July this year and had the best holiday ever! We have booked to return next July but it looks as if the Meritus has gone up significantly in price, can anyone suggest another resort type place for us to stay, we like the Pantai Chenang area but are thinking of splitting the holiday to 4 nights each in 2 places so all suggestions considered. Many Thanks

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Langkawi, Langkawi District
Level Contributor
10,117 posts
190 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Accomodation

Hi

If you want to try a couple of nights in the rainforest then look at Berjaya. Otherwise other places in Pantai Cenang are Frangipani, Holiday Villa, Federal Villa, Langkawi Lagoon and Beach Garden.

Lesley

Geraldton, Australia
Level Contributor
151 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Accomodation

Are there 2 Langkawi Lagoons? The one I was looking at isn't in Pantai Cenang.... or so I thought LOL, I have looked at so many places I may have confused myself

norfolk
Level Contributor
7,663 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Accomodation

i think lesley was thinking of the lanai. personally, i would not consider it; there have been a lot of poor reviews.

the holiday villas is probably the best value for money in that area - on the slightly less busy beach at tengah but still in walking distance of cenang. book without breakfast as good value can be had at the many places nearby.

pam

4. Re: Accomodation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 11:05 am, October 17, 2012
Edited: 11:05 am, October 17, 2012
norfolk
Level Contributor
7,663 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Accomodation

maggs. by all means contribute, but it is considered bad manners to randomly repeat the same post on multiple threads. no matter how great YOU thought the danna was - this guest wants the cenang area, and somewhere for less money than the pelangi. so that is not the danna...

pam

6. Re: Accomodation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, October 19, 2013