We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Are there any free public toilets in Langkawi

London, United...
Level Contributor
721 posts
Save Topic
Are there any free public toilets in Langkawi

Hello,

Are there any free public toilets in Langkawi, if not were do I go when sight seeing all day, Im sure its unlike the UK when you can pop inot local McDonalds, Pubs, Starbucks etc

Any tips would be kindly appreciated.

Thanks

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Langkawi, Langkawi District
Level Contributor
9,340 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Are there any free public toilets in Langkawi

Hi

Public toilets in Langkawi are very few and far between!!! Most of the restaurants have them so you could always pop in for a drink or a coffee and use those.

The public toilets are free to use but most have a lady sitting at the door and you have to pay a few Ringgits for toilet paper.

I am guessing you are female???? Best idea is always to carry a small pack of paper hankies around with you. I always do.

Lesley

London, United...
Level Contributor
388 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Are there any free public toilets in Langkawi

McDonalds on Langkawi does not have its own toilet, but it is located at Langkawi Fair (shopping mall) which does have two public toilets, the other two that I recall are at the airport and at jetty point (all very clean).

If your feeling bold you can walk in to any decent sized hotel, most turn a blind eye to westerners.

London, United...
Level Contributor
721 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Are there any free public toilets in Langkawi

Thanks for the tips, I should have taken the word 'free' out....lol.

Just thought I would ask as some countries have lack of public facilities when on your travels.

Norfolk.
Level Contributor
1,650 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Are there any free public toilets in Langkawi

Hi

There are free public toiletsat the Petronas petrol station at Telaga harbour & at least 2 sets of toilets at the Oriental village. There are also toilets at seven wells & Kilim River jetty.

Some of the toilets have "toilet dragons" who will expect payment so you really will be "spending a penny"

Mick

Edited: 9:12 am, October 12, 2012
5. Re: Are there any free public toilets in Langkawi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:18 am, December 15, 2013