We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Monorail and weather

england
Level Contributor
29 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Monorail and weather

Has anyone travelled by monorail from KL Airport to the Concorde Hotel in the Golden Triangle. Is it a difficult journey?. Also anyone know what the weather is like in Langkawi during the month of May..

UK
Level Contributor
396 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Monorail and weather

There is no monorail from KLIA - it only runs within the city centre. I think you may be referring to the KLIA ekspres train which runs from the airport to sentral station in the city.

We have done the journey in reverse, but got a taxi from the Concorde to sentral, as we had a lot of luggage. The train is very efficient, but if there is more than one of you, it is the same price or less, to get an airport taxi, which will take you straight to the hotels door, rather than you having to change from the Ekspres to a local line. I believe the train is MYR35 per person, and an airport taxi is MYR70 per car into the city.

BTW, the Concorde is excellent. We've stayed there twice and would go again.

Stone, United...
Level Contributor
112 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Monorail and weather

Hi we have just returned from 3 weeks in Langkawi Singapore and Kuala lumpur and we stayed at Concorde hotel, we had a taxi to the airport but needed the van type as we had 4 suitcases and handluggage it cost us £35 as its an hours drive to Concorde from airport, im sure a normal taxi would have been cheaper. The concorde is a lovely hotel with nice swimming pool and the breakfast (buffet style was superb) big variety of food, a big plus to the hotel is that Hard Rock cafe is joined to it so western food if you like it for a change, china town is a 5 minute taxi ride away and you can walk to Suria shopping centre from there too. Hope you have a good holiday, the weather tends to be the same all year round we were told, we had hot sunny clear mornings then it tends to cloud up and have a storm and heavy rain in afternoon and then clears up for the evening, we saw some terrific storms last week quite spectacular, it was the same in Singapore too. It was quite a relief at times to have the rain as it felt so hot just before storm, we were in someones car as it went upto 39deg just before it rained, thanks goodness for air con..

england
Level Contributor
29 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Monorail and weather

Hi thanks for the information, very helpful

england
Level Contributor
29 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Monorail and weather

Hi thanks for the information, very helpful

Devizes, Wiltshire...
Level Contributor
1 post
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Monorail and weather

Hiya

Is that my Bubeleh????

John

england
Level Contributor
29 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Monorail and weather

Hi,Bowerhill, Hear you are off to Berjaya soon, have a great holiday, I am going in May,cant wait, just a few more daysto go..Aunty Lil and Uncle George are going too