We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best for kids?

Milton Keynes, UK
Level Contributor
22 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Best for kids?

I am hoping to go to Langkawi during the October 2007 half term. I haven't looked at the hotel reviews for several months, and I can see the general views and the ranking of the hotels has changed a bit.

We'll be taking my 11yr old daughter. We are always keen to book holidays that serve our purpose of finding luxury and lovely settings, whilst going to places where she has a chance to meet up with other kids of her own age, so that she is not bored rigid! The Pelangi had seemed a good bet for families, but recent reports are very poor - certainly seems to be slipping in the opinions of recent visitors.

So, has anyone any suggestions for our stay? It's not a traditional vacation period yet I'd like to know where our best chances of finding other families are - and suspect that rules out the posher hotels which remain popular. Help??!!

Germany
Level Contributor
175 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best for kids?

Consider the Tanjung Rhu, whilst we were there last year, there were a few children (not too many) having a lot of fun in the large pool and grounds. Plus there is a DVD library if she gets bored in the evenings with a variety of films to borrow.

Perth Western...
11 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Best for kids?

Hi

Well my favourite place is Tanjung Rhu but if I had to entertain an 11 year old on their own, who hopes to meet up with other kids her own age I would be more inclined to think about some place like Sheraton Beach Langkawi. Its managed by an Australian woman and seems to be one of the resorts that are very popular with families. We definately saw a lot more kids of that age there. They do have a kids club but she would be a bit old for that. There are a few outdoor games set up for kids. Table tennis, outdoor chess, volleyball.They also had one of those table football games set up outside Black Henrys (Their "night club"). Come to think of it, Some families took their kids into Black Henrys for an hour at night when it wasn't busy. Its also a great resort for the older kids to run around in without getting lost or into trouble. We spent some time there in January and really enjoyed their pool but I have seen reports here about the pool not being clean. I know it was very clean in January. You may need to check whether the pool is being renovated. I think you'd be happy enough with the room standards.

Level Contributor
2,294 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best for kids?

I would check out the Sheraton Perdana, and see how the renovations will be doing, a great family hotel. Our daughter is the same age and we have been there twice before.