We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dress code at Tanjung Rhu

Suffolk
7 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Dress code at Tanjung Rhu

We are going to the Tanjung Rhu next February. Could anyone advise on the dress code for the restaurants in the evening for my husband. Are short sleeve shirts and casual trousers acceptable or do the shirts have to be long sleeve? Are some restaurants more formal than others? All suggestions are welcome.

Melbourne
11 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Dress code at Tanjung Rhu

Hi, My husband and I stayed at the Tanjung Rhu last month. Dress code for The Sands and The Saffron is neat casual. My husband wore short sleeve shirts with nice shorts or casual pants. Definitely no long sleeves- it was far too warm! Have a great time.

Perth Western...
11 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Dress code at Tanjung Rhu

Hi. Well you are so lucky and you are going to love Tanjung Rhu. Only one restaurant is fine dining and you will need to be nicely dressed. Men don't wear shorts in the Rhu, but most don't go as far as ties. Good shirt and nice trousers seems to suffice. Although there is open air dining at the Rhu it is napkins and white linen tablecloths and everyone is a little dressed up. The Sands restaurant where you have breakfast you can wear sarongs and bathers if you wish with a light top on. Men wear shorts and tshirts with sandles or slip on scuffs. Even sitting in the open air section of the library (which overlooks the Rhu)listening to the string quartet, you can wear a sarong and top. Again a man would not feel out of place in shorts and scuffs and tshirt. Happy holiday.

Suffolk
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Dress code at Tanjung Rhu

Hi. Thank you for your advice. Sorry for the delay in responding. We are looking forward to going to Langkawi and the Tanjung Rhu looks and sounds absolutely great. Thanks again.

Get answers to your questions about Langkawi