We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather

Dunfermline...
Level Contributor
43 posts
86 reviews
Save Topic
Weather

Hi I've just returned from a great holiday in Thailand and next year it's going to be Langkawi. Question, I've heard that the weather there in March is often rainy, is this true and if so when is the best time to go? December, January February are out of the question. Thanks

Kuching
Level Contributor
1,287 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather

There are many questions about weather. Here is a site that will show several things. The site includes information for most major destinations in Malaysia.

#1 Current Forecast

#2 Monthly Temp Averages

#3 Monthly Rainfall Averages

#4 Number of Rain days per month

http://www.worldweather.org/020/c00085.htm

New Zealand
Level Contributor
9,325 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather

Have just returned from Langkawi- had the 3rd week in March there. Yes it rained, mostly at night (we were in a rainforest) had one full day of heavy rain off and on, the rest just the odd shower or two. Frankly I liked it like that, it is so hot and muggy it's nice to have a rain shower to freshen everything up and cool it down slightly.

Melbourne
11 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather

Hi,I returned from Langkawi last week after staying there for 6 nights. The weather was absolutely beautiful! Hot, sunny days with one evening of heavy rain- and that only lasted half an hour. We stayed at the Tanjung Rhu resort, so perhaps that part of the island does not get the same amount of rain compared to the rainforest area. I hope this was helpful.

Dunfermline...
Level Contributor
43 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather

Thanks everyone for the information. The rain doesn't look too much of a problem.