We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

rooms at the berjaya

england
Level Contributor
191 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
rooms at the berjaya

have not been before - going over Easter. Any advice re rooms - we will be in superior (though partner insists deal gave us an upgrade)??- know folk on the forum have been here many times and will know the location

Malaysia
Level Contributor
77 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: rooms at the berjaya

hi u mean berjaya georgetown or langkawi? If its berjaya georgetown there is a shopping centre next to it called midlands. U have to climb cteps though!!!

england
Level Contributor
191 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: rooms at the berjaya

Hi ! berjaya - langkawi

england
Level Contributor
191 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: rooms at the berjaya

Hi ! berjaya - langkawi

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Langkawi, Langkawi District
Level Contributor
10,392 posts
200 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: rooms at the berjaya

Hi Mcqueen

I have stayed at the Berjaya many times and am set to return again later this year.

Really, there is no megga difference between the superior and the delux chalets, only the location - the delux tend to be nearer to the main part of the hotel, and have a sea view, although as the chalets are in a rain forest, the view could be obscured by trees.

At the Berjaya it is not rooms as such but chalets dotted about in the rainforest - some of which are a good mile from the main buildings, although there are shuttle buses which ferry you about.

If you want any more info, please let me know.

Lesley

england
Level Contributor
191 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: rooms at the berjaya

FAO Lesley - thanks for the advice . My other half really wants to be near the sea but as u say there is no real guarantee as to quality of view . Think we can upgrade if we want so depends on supplement I expect- £15 per person per night ?Can u tell me why you keep returning ?? We have been to Goa several times and absoluely love it - feel we need to broaden horizons a bit hence the trip to Malaysia- maybe just need a bit of reassurance ( and with the weather - rain not a problem but need to see some sun 2!! - we leave on the 9 April by the way - thoughts appreciated

Kuching
Level Contributor
1,287 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: rooms at the berjaya

Steady is the berjaya expert. If you need to know something ask. The advice is always spot on and I can only second what Leslie says.

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
10,392 posts
200 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: rooms at the berjaya

Hi Mcqueen

In the past I travelled extensively with my partner, but then suddenly finding myself "single" again but still wanting to travel. The single supplement is a killer!!

Went to KL, Singapore and Langkawi with my ex's mum, and fell in love with Langkawi.

Thought it would be somewhere I could travel alone, crash on the beach with a book during the day and have a nice meal and drink in the evening...and this is usually what I do. Unfortunately it is quite difficult when you are alone to spin out a meal for longer than, say, 1 hour - any suggestions would be useful!!

Have made lots of friends amongst the staff at the Berjaya, and we keep in touch with phone calls and e-mails throughout thr year. I think Malaysian people are amongst the nicest, friendliest people I have ever met. The Berjaya is very laid back, and soooo relaxing - I'm staying for 3 weeks this year and just counting the days until I return.

If you ask for a chalet somewhere in the region of Jalan 2110 then you will definitely have a sea view and also see lots of the wildlife which is there. Watch out for the monkeys - they will get in your chalet to raid the mini bar for crisps and nuts if you leave your balcony doors open.

If you want any more info please let me know. It just helps to bring my own holiday a little nearer!!

Lesley

england
Level Contributor
191 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: rooms at the berjaya

Steady - when are you returning to Langkawi ?

Really appreciate where you are coming from -don't do fancy or formal - love to chill ( much over used word ) and have already stockpiled my books.Am not a foodie but like a drink - anything I should know ? .... think from what you describe that it's my / our kind of place .Any must do's ??? Sounds a bit shabby chic (from reviews) which is fine by me !.....Usually am a beach potatoe but like to get to know the locals too.... Went to college in Leeds by the way -had a blast !

Auckland Central...
Level Contributor
293 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: rooms at the berjaya

Hi mcqueen

If you like a drink or two then I can really recommend the bar in the pool and especially in the evening - quite to best "chilled" drink you could ever have. Have a great time.

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
10,392 posts
200 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: rooms at the berjaya

Hi again Mcqueen

Langkawi is a duty free island - wait until you get there to buy your booze - don't buy at whatever airport you are leaving from.

There is a duty free shop at the Oriental Village - about 10 min walk from the Berjaya. My tipple is vodka - litre bottle of Smirnoff Red - about 4GBP! Drinks at the Berjaya are a bit more expensive, as with most hotels, but as Hansie says, Happy Hour at the pool bar is from 5 to 7 and drinks are half price.

You must go on the cable car at the Oriental Village - unless you are really petrified of heights. The views from the top of Mt Cincang are stunning as is the ride up to the top!! Don't choose a cloudy day though.

The Mangrove Tour is also brilliant - lots of wild life to see.

Binoculars are quite useful as even when you are lazing on the beach you can quite often see the sea otters going up the creek to the mangrove swamp, pairs of eagles flying overhead, monitor lizards, hornbills and flying squirrels.

I don't return until October but am very tempted to see if I can sneek a return trip before then.

Just a couple of things before you start packing - beach towels provided, umbrellas provided, mozzie spray and plug in thingy in room provided. Hotel laundry quite reasonable and same day turnaround. Safe in the rooms.

Anything else, please let me know.

Lesley