We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Deet 50% Jungle formula

Barry, United...
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
2,028 posts
120 reviews
Save Topic
Deet 50% Jungle formula

Hi just to let everyone know that Boots chemist have really good offer on at present with the above Deet and other mossie repellents buy 2 get 3rd free costing just over £13 for 3

Barry, United...
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
2,028 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Deet 50% Jungle formula

Thenk you for that Lesley= I too suffer from phobias hence my query about cockroaches, but no one has answered whether they are a problem on Langkawi of not. It doesnt stop me travelling to wonderful new destinations either but I do find it helps if I know what to expect from the local insect world.

Mentioned in this post
Langkawi
Langkawi
Langkawi District, Malaysia
Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Langkawi, Langkawi District
Level Contributor
11,473 posts
216 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Deet 50% Jungle formula

Goanluv

Gosh yes, cockroaches are auful - think you will see some but they are not a problem like as in an infestation or anything!!

At the Berjaya (where I stay) the accommodation is chalets made of wood dotted about in the rain forest so its more likely that creepies can get in - don't know where you are staying so best not comment.

Take some spray and spray round the doors and windows and that might deter them.

As you love Goa, I am sure you will love Langkawi, although it is much quieter.

Lesley

Mentioned in this post
Goa
Goa
India
Langkawi
Langkawi
Barry, United...
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
2,028 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Deet 50% Jungle formula

thanks Lesley any recommendations of what spray to use, buy in UK or Langkawi. The very thing that you say Langkawi is - quieter (than Goa) is just what I want believe me and the creepy crawlies cant be much worse than the Indian ones! thanks again

Mentioned in this post
Langkawi
Langkawi
Goa
Goa
India
Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
11,473 posts
216 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Deet 50% Jungle formula

Goanluv

Whilst browsing the gardening section in a local supermarket this lunchtime I saw the following which may be of interest to you.

A spray called "Dethlac" (of all things), which is reputed to kill ants, cockroaches, woodlice and all manner of creepy crawlies.

I will take some with me when I return in October and let you know whether it works or not.

Lesley

Barry, United...
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
2,028 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: Deet 50% Jungle formula

Lesley, really appreciate that. I'm in the garden working most of the time when not in work and for some bizare reason our insects, spiders etc dont worry me but show me those big ones(roaches) and ....yuk doesnt bear thinking about. thanks again

Barry, United...
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
2,028 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: Deet 50% Jungle formula

Lesley, just went into the Dethlac website and it sounds so good -= I think you may have solved my problem thanks again

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
11,473 posts
216 reviews
Save Reply
27. Re: Deet 50% Jungle formula

Never thought of checking the website - what a good idea. Hope the stuff actually works.

Lesley