We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Diving around Langkawi......

London, UK
Level Contributor
19 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Diving around Langkawi......

Can you dive off langkawi?

I've got a PADI open water license and need to brush up on my diving, so was wondering whether anyone has dived around the island before.

I'll be heading out there mid May, anyone know what the water will be like and how much a days diving will cost?

On another note, the friends I'm going to Langkawi with can't dive but still want to snorkel......

Where can we go to book a guided boat tour around the islands that will allow us to snorkel?

(Went on a similar trip in Rendang, where we went island hopping and at each island we were given 30mins to snorkel around)

Many thanks!

p/s: this site's been great, will post up my photos when I get back!!

London, United...
Level Contributor
73 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Diving around Langkawi......

The water will be warm, no suit required.

All the dive boats and snorkellers head to payar pulaua(sp) which is 40 mins on an a/c catamaran. Great diving and the snorkellers get a fantastic day out on this tiny uninhabited island where they will see Shark and loads of fish in a controlled and safe, spectacular island.

We used East Marine Divers by the boat club and they were fabulously helpful and were not ram packed with package holidayers.

Cant remember cost but was cheap.

Take your own lunch as the lunch every one gets on the island is only good for feeding the fish