We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

scuba diving

Sulaymaniyah, Iraq
Level Contributor
21 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
scuba diving

the reason i come to langkawi is because i want to try scuba diving.... where i can find best scuba diving spot and good guide because it will be my first time trying scuba diving... help me out with this, thanx alot

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Langkawi, Langkawi District
Level Contributor
9,462 posts
179 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: scuba diving

Hi

You will need to travel to Pulau Payar for any scuba diving. Try booking with East Marine for this.

Lesley

Langkawi, Malaysia
Destination Expert
for Langkawi
Level Contributor
6,989 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: scuba diving

Dear Debert,

if scuba diving and swiming is the reason why you come to Langkawi you picked the wrong destination! Sorry, but even at Pulau Payar the diving is not world class. And sometimes very overcrowded. The rest of Langkawi's water is too murky for this anyway. And swiming in the ocean can be dangerous as well - sometimes we are infested by jelly fish. Langkawi's beauty is abandon but above the water line.

Eva

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Langkawi, Langkawi District
Level Contributor
9,462 posts
179 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: scuba diving

Hi

Eva is correct. The sea around the island is not very clear and so is not ideal for snorkelling or diving.

Most of the diving spots around Pulau Payar are closed because the coral has been damaged.

Perhaps you would be better looking to travel to places in Thailand if scuba diving is high on your list of things to do.

Lesley

London, United...
Level Contributor
35 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: scuba diving

if you want to go diving, have a look in thailand at koh lak this is the main base for trips operating to the similans. there are a few dive centre in koh lak but i would recommend wicked diving, they have a very very good reputation.

5. Re: scuba diving

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:19 am, December 03, 2012