We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Beaches

3 posts
Best Beaches

Hi

We are a couple travelling to Langkawi for the first time next month. Can anyone recommend a hotel resort similar to the Taj-Rebak Island resort (Quiet, peaceful, beautiful beach, good internet access). We loved the location and the private beach and the price of the Taj but then noticed that (noisy) renovations will coincide with our visit.

Many thanks

Mina

norfolk
Level Contributor
7,745 posts
38 reviews
11. Re: Best Beaches

reviews can be useful, but at best, they are a guide. they are not a bible!

personally, i disagree that 'one-post wonders' should be ignored. everyone started with one post... many people find the review pages but never track down the fora.

for what it's worth, my use of reviews is as follows:

i read 3 pages of reviews.

i check out the cute little graphy-thingy at the top of the review list.

if i'm suspicious at all, i click on the graph to filter the reviews. by clicking on the 'excellent' bar, all others disappear. [i recommend this approach if you have already booked, lol]. similarly, clicking on the 'poor' bar will only show you those reviews.

you can also filter by profile; couples, family, business etc.

i seek out reviews for the time of year i will be going as well.

hope this helps.

pam

Chesterfield
Level Contributor
267 posts
71 reviews
12. Re: Best Beaches

If someone leaves a poor review I always read them, I then take a peek at all the reviews they have written.

If all the reviews are bad then I put it down to them being a miserable git.

I look for good balanced reviews.

Buckinghamshire...
Level Contributor
3,572 posts
165 reviews
13. Re: Best Beaches

Also worth looking at the date of stay. I was recently reading some reviews and the first page were all recent ones, the second page were over a year old.

14. Re: Best Beaches

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:16 pm, October 29, 2012