We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Berjaya Langkawi

Level Contributor
44 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Berjaya Langkawi

Does anyone know what is the best rate you can get for a water villa at Berjaya Resort Langkawi? We are staying in June for one week.

Thanks for all your help beforehand

Mentioned in this post
Berjaya Langkawi Resort - Malaysia
Berjaya Langkawi Resort...
5,236 Reviews
Langkawi, Malaysia
Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Langkawi, Langkawi District
Level Contributor
11,577 posts
222 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Berjaya Langkawi

Hi

I have a price list for the Berjaya - I'm at work at the moment but will look it out and let you know tomorrow.

You could try ringing the hotel and asking them, or checking the appropriate dates of your stay on Expedia or one of the other agents. This should give you some idea of the price.

Lesley

Mentioned in this post
5,236 Reviews
Langkawi, Malaysia
West Yorkshire...
Level Contributor
191 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Berjaya Langkawi

Hi there,

Anything you want to know about the Berjaya then Steady will tell you... It is her second home.

Tell them all about it Leslie... you know you love to talk about it so I will leave it up to you.

Leigh

Mentioned in this post
5,236 Reviews
Langkawi, Malaysia
Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
11,577 posts
222 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Berjaya Langkawi

Hi Persson28

The room rates for suites at the Berjaya are as follows:-

Junior Suite on Water - RM1,500

Premier Suite on Water - RM2,000

Executive Suite on Water - RM2,500

Presidential Suite on Water - RM5,000

Premier Suite on Land - RM800

These prices were current at October 2005. You may be able to get a better deal through agents so it could be worth checking that out.

Let me know if you need any more information about the Berjaya. I have been there quite a few times and love the place.

Lesley

Mentioned in this post
5,236 Reviews
Langkawi, Malaysia
Level Contributor
44 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Berjaya Langkawi

Thanks a lot Lesley. You been very helpful.

Do you think it is worth paying so much more to stay on the water villas? Or the ones on land are equally good. I look forward to hearing your opinion.

Thanks

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
11,577 posts
222 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Berjaya Langkawi

Hi Persson

Personally I do not think it is worth paying for the water chalets - unless it is for something very special like honeymoon, anniversary etc, and also if you want something a bit more luxurious. I find that the delux chalets are perfectly adequate for my needs as I do not tend to spend my holiday inspecting the grouting in the bathroom or checking for dust under the bed nor do I like to spend a great deal of time in my chalet - prefer to be out and about. So if I was paying a vast amount for a chalet would feel I had to spend some time there to justify the charge.

If you look on the Berjaya Hotels website - www.berjayaresorts.com it shows the inside of a delux chalet - and this is what they do look like.

The Berjaya Langkawi is built in a rain forest and some of the chalets are a good way from the main hotel/pool/beach area. The resort is very hilly - there are buses to take you around if you don't want to walk, so if you don't want the hassle you can ask for a chalet nearer to the main hotel area.

In the end I'm afraid it has to be down to personal choice.

Hope this helps but if you want anymore information please ask - I could talk about the Berjaya all day.

Lesley

Mentioned in this post
5,236 Reviews
Langkawi, Malaysia
West Yorkshire...
Level Contributor
191 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Berjaya Langkawi

Sorry Lesley,

Spelt your name wrong.

I knew you would be able to give honest reviews about the place you love so much.

Leigh