We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Andaman or Datai with a 3yr old

Australia
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
The Andaman or Datai with a 3yr old

Please help me decide which hotel would be best for us travelling with our 3 yr old. We're going to the Sutera Magallen for 4 days on conference and thought that would be enough time in Borneo. I would ideally like a 4+ or 5 star property and I was thinking about going to Lankgawi to either the Datai or Andaman. My ideal wishlist would be a ground floor super comfortable room, within 200m of pool + dining area , fab pool so that my daughter can still waddle in and good food especially breakfasts.

Not asking for a lot am I. Can you please help me make a call.

Kuching
Level Contributor
1,287 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The Andaman or Datai with a 3yr old

Well the Andaman has a kids club which I dont believe the Datai has. So if my only choice was for those two I would go with the Andaman.

Although I personally think there are even better hotels for children than the Datai or Andaman.

You might want to check into the Pelangi.

http://www.pelangibeachresort.com

Its still a very nice place but they have much better facilities for kids. You will also find more families there so your daughter may have more play companions. Its 5 star rated but it is MUCH cheaper than either the Datai or Andaman. Its also in a better location. It is close to a variety of places to eat and closer to town than the Datai/Andaman.

West Yorkshire...
Level Contributor
191 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: The Andaman or Datai with a 3yr old

Hi there,

I agree with last reply. Go to the Pelangi. Great Hotel. Good kids club. near to other amenities which Anderman and Datai are not. You will like the Pelangi I am sure.

Leigh

Australia
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The Andaman or Datai with a 3yr old

Thank you for your advice. How about the 4 seasons. One of the reviews said the main pool wasn't that great for kids is that right.

Had a look at the Pelangi beach resort website and couldn't get past the home page. Its not quiet what we're looking for.

Whats your view on 4 Seasons vs Andaman?

Kuching
Level Contributor
1,287 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: The Andaman or Datai with a 3yr old

I dont think either is the best hotel choice with such a young child but if I had to choose one I would go with the Andaman.

Kuching
Level Contributor
1,287 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: The Andaman or Datai with a 3yr old

Also to get past the home page at the Pelangi site you click on the seashells in the center of the page. When you click you will arrive here.

http://www.pelangibeachresort.com/come.htm

Springfield
11 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: The Andaman or Datai with a 3yr old

This is most likely a taboo and politically incorrect subject but I feel it needs to be said after what happened to us. There is certainly nothing wrong with taking kids on a vacation but why would you spend the extra money to go to a romantic place known for a spas and relaxing romance, not a playground or kids facilities. The kids won’t have as good of a time, you will spend more, and you might ruin someone else’s honeymoon and many people can afford only one. These resorts certainly have the money to put in top notch kids facilities but the fact that they don’t have them says something. They aren’t catering to kids or families. We and several other couples had a very bad experience at the Datai with a situation like this.

Get answers to your questions about Langkawi