We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Langkawi with a toddler

Singapore, Singapore
2 posts
Save Topic
Langkawi with a toddler

We are off to Langkawi next week with our 20 month-old daughter. The last time I was there was about 10 years ago when I was still young, free & single.

We are staying at Langkasuka beach Resort (the only place we could find a room!). Does anyone have any advice on:

- good places to eat. She doesn't really eat much "adult" food but places set up for kids that will satisfy my hygiene-focussed husband

- are any of the Marine Park trips suitable to take her? She's never been in the sea so I'm not sure how she will react until we get there. She also still usually sleeps in the afternoon so I need somewhere she can crash out if she does want to sleep.

- do any of the car hire firms provide car seats?

- any other activities that were big toddler hits?

Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
437 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Langkawi with a toddler

With reference to your toddler, I guess the best places to take her and satisfy your hygiene focus husband would be the fast food chains which is in Kuah Town.

We took our then 2 year old daughter to Langkawi abt 18 months ago and called up a lot of car rental agencies and none but one that had a 'child car seat'. It was not up to our regular standard but beggars can't be choosy. Maybe situation has improved now and you could try calling the big name car rental co in Langkawi to enquire.

If toddler not afraid of heights, take her up the cable car ride; awesome views of the island. Underwater World should be fun for the kid too.

Turkey
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Langkawi with a toddler

I will be also traveling to Langkawi (on 6th of Jan) with my daughter, 18th months. I guess you will be experienced till then. I would be gratefull if you share your experiences and also give me some tips and advices.Thank you very much.

My mail adress: dogan.kasikci@reckittbenckiser.com

UK
Level Contributor
13 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Langkawi with a toddler

Hi,

I have taken three children to Langkawi over the years, my youngest is now four - we are back there in two weeks time.

You will find the fast food i.e McDonalds in the main town shopping centre. Also, close by to the Holiday Villa there is the sun cafe , this is a lovely place to take children and they cater for most appetites , i have never had cause for complaint there and i have one very fussy eater ! also, you have the chioce of the Buffet menu at a hotel , normally a young child is free , so you can pick over what to give them and if they only weant the dessert, well there is noramlly a good choice !

As for car seat, i have never been able to find one with a car hire firm , you could take your own, seen plenty of them going round on the airport carousel.

The bird park is particurly nice to visit , you will find it easily by car. Then there is underwater world , a crocidile farm, cable cars , and plenty more that i just cannot think of right now.