We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

holiday villa vs berjaya

mumbai
Level Contributor
257 posts
24 reviews
holiday villa vs berjaya

hi,everyone,

please help me decide, am going to langkawi end oct with 2 kids 3&9.

there is a huge berjaya fan club and i too like the place but seems to be a bit cut off also am scared of snakes etc if there are any.

HV seems to be better located, but how are the rooms: size and cleanliness? if i book a room with kids the price is almost the same as berjaya base price.

which resort has a better ocean view?

please advice urgently

thank you

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Langkawi, Langkawi District
Level Contributor
12,521 posts
241 reviews
1. Re: holiday villa vs berjaya

Hi

Well, the Berjaya definitely has the better views but if you are not too keen on wildlife, then perhaps not the place for you.

I have to say in all the times I have been to the Berjaya I have never seen a snake - and I do actually keep my eyes open for them, so perhaps I have just been unlucky. So it could prove that the place is not crawling with them! [Now someone will say they have seen hundreds every day]!

HV is nearer to outside restaurants, shops and bars if that is what you are looking for.

Unfortunately, the ultimate choice is yours - good luck.

Lesley

mumbai
Level Contributor
257 posts
24 reviews
2. Re: holiday villa vs berjaya

thanks lesly, any idea about the rooms at HV.

read that berjaya has a kids club. does that mean a recreational centre or baby sitting.

really not so crazy bout wildlife so if you cross that off the list, are they both equally balanced?

if so then HV is easier on the pocket as i may not even need to get a cab to get to restaurants.

another queri - is HV on cenang beach too

sorry if the q's sound repititive.

thankx anyway

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
12,521 posts
241 reviews
3. Re: holiday villa vs berjaya

Hi

I have no idea about the rooms at HV.

The Berjaya does have a kids club - The Little Monkey Club. It is a recreational centre and kids have to be 4 (I think) and upward to be there.

The HV is at Pantai Tengah which is more or less joined to Pantai Cenang so you would not need transport to get to numerous restaurants.

Hope this helps.

Lesley

norfolk
Level Contributor
7,739 posts
38 reviews
4. Re: holiday villa vs berjaya

1] you are in more danger from snakes in your own home in mumbai.

2] there is no significant difference in your chance of meeting a snake at h.v. or berjaya. they are present in both places, but have not the slightest interest in you.

3] h.v. is at the far end of p.tengah. there are restaurants close by, but it is around 2km from p.cenang, where the main strip is.

4] if you choose berjaya and book a delux room or better, you will have a sea view, unless you go for the new upgraded rainforest room or studio, which is recommended for watching wildlife and perhaps would not suit you.

5] the rooms at h.v. are arranged motel-style with the doors on a common balcony, in blocks. at berjaya the rooms are mostly individual chalets, though some are semi-detached. you would have a private balcony with chairs.

6] only a very few, higher priced, rooms at h.v. have a sea view.

pam

Langkawi, Malaysia
Destination Expert
for Langkawi
Level Contributor
7,448 posts
63 reviews
5. Re: holiday villa vs berjaya

Dear Traveller,

did you check out Pelangi?? That is the ultimate choice for you and your family. I guess it is a bit more expensive but there is a world in between the two resorts.

I am not familar with the rooms of HV but the resort itself is not as charming as Pelangi.

Come back if you want to discuss this.

Eva

mumbai
Level Contributor
257 posts
24 reviews
6. Re: holiday villa vs berjaya

thanks all of you, that really helps.

another question; does it get dull and lonely at sun down at berjaya? do they have any music etc at night.

are the only other restaurants in oriental village, anything on the beach.?

don't want the children cribbing that they are getting bored after sundown.

any idea till what time their inhouseshuttle is operational.

if HV is 2 km from the cenang beach does it mean you still have to go that far to get a lively beach feel or there are enough places around HV itself?

please help as i have to decide , it's just driving me crazy

mumbai
Level Contributor
257 posts
24 reviews
7. Re: holiday villa vs berjaya

yeah i checked pelangi, liked it but found it expensive. know any way of getting a good deal if u are booking early?

how would taj rebak compare with all these properties? my agent says he can get us a deal of 1400 ringitts for 3 nights.

considering that budget , kids, beauty of the place, cleanliness, travelling cost to nearby restaurants , please decide for me.

i guess i'm asking for 2 much but don't want do blindly believe the nice looking websites of all these hotels

thank u all once again for answering

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
12,521 posts
241 reviews
8. Re: holiday villa vs berjaya

Hi

There is live music every evening in the Lobby Lounge at Berjaya and also in the Rimba Lounge where there is also pool tables, big screen TV and other games.

The in house shuttle operates 24/7 so no walking is necessary unless you want to.

As for the Taj Rebak - remember this is on an island just off the coast of the main island. There is nothing else there but this hotel so you would literally be reliant on their shuttle boat to take you over to Pantai Cenang.

Hope this helps.

Lesley

mumbai
Level Contributor
257 posts
24 reviews
9. Re: holiday villa vs berjaya

thank you so much lesley for your prompt and detailed advice.

will surely let you know what i book finally.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,952 posts
219 reviews
10. Re: holiday villa vs berjaya

Hi there.

Just a bit confused, hoping someone can set me straight.

Is Meritus and Pelangi the same hotel/resort?

I thought it was always the same place, but I looked on the web under Pelangi, I acutally found a web site. Couldnt work it, as it kept stalling.

Thanks.

Danuta.

PS. Eva there are some great reviews about you on the weekly email I got from TA today. Very Flattering.

Get answers to your questions about Langkawi