We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Andaman Langkawi : is the snorkelling good?

UK
Level Contributor
32 posts
1 review
Save Topic
The Andaman Langkawi : is the snorkelling good?

Hi, am thinking of spending some time at the The Andaman Langkawi in January with my wife and young children (aged 6 and 8). However, they simply love snorkeliing and a such I am keen to know if the beach by the hotel (or perhaps a beach ashort walk from it) are ok for snorkelling. It's not a deal breaker as we are off up to Koh Surin and Krabi afterwards but just interested. The location and the island sound wonderful but if someone coud tell me about the snokelling I'd be most grateful!

Also, is this hotel child friendly?

Yours, from rainy ice cold Devon in the UK.

Georgetown, Penang
Level Contributor
2,564 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: The Andaman Langkawi : is the snorkelling good?

Hi Charlie,

The snorkeling is not much good at all at Datai Bay, nice beach for kids to play on though. You will need to take a boat to Pulau Dayang or Pulua Payar Marine Park, maybe best to wait until Thailand. Just depends on how serious you take your snorkeling, ok for kids but for something serious the above is recommended.

The Andaman staff are very good with kids, try the japanese restuarant or the poolside. There is a nice waterslide for kids. The rooms are very safe for kids, you cannot walk out on to the balcony, they have doors that open but no space to sit outside, so you need to stand in the room to look out.

The resort is beautiful. You can also walk along the beach to the Datai, they have two seperate pools. One is adults only and the other is for families, lots of kids playing in this area, plus they have good food outlets.

Have a great time.

UK
Level Contributor
102 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: The Andaman Langkawi : is the snorkelling good?

No not very, but it is safe. The sea is very calm. Great hotel 'though.