We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Langkasuka Beach Resort + General questions

Kristianand, Norway
3 posts
Save Topic
Langkasuka Beach Resort + General questions

I just booked 2 large rooms at the Langkasuka Beach Resort from the 19 Dec to the 26 Dec 2005. I hope I got the price right. Only MR109/159 pr.room. Have I misunderstood or is this possible ? Sounds very cheap ?

I also have a few questions :

Can our oldest boy (15yrs) drive a moped/motorbike ? We are 4 adults and 5 children, so we need him to drive one for himself.

We have only booked a one way ticket with Air Asia from Kuala Lumpur to Langkawi- in case we want to stay longer. Is it hard to get a cheap flight when buying tickets at short notice ?

We have 10 more days to spend after Langkawi, before we go home to Norway via Singapore. Does anybody have a good suggestion ? We vere thinking of Sabah. We would like to experience real wilderness and a trip into the rainforest and mayby the last few days in an island/beach. Or maye Vietnam / Cambodia - we are open for any suggestion. Flights are cheap anyway...

australia
Level Contributor
21 posts
250 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Langkasuka Beach Resort + General questions

hello you will love the resort, they are very helpful and will advise you about the motorbike. email shelley

the food was wonderful, I wished I had stayed at this resort, instead off we stayed at the Berinngis it was awful.

Have a good time we loved it in Sabah. Shoes start at 10.90 riggits. Mens and boys clothes all sizes. women very small sizes.

Lot's to do beaches/local trains 2.20 riggits each for 45mins/local bus 4 riggits/rainforests/Mount KK/fly to see the orang's in Sandakan/ lot's more

I have been to Thailand 13 times. Vietnam 3 times..I found Sabah cheaper than both of these countries.

Kuching
Level Contributor
1,287 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Langkasuka Beach Resort + General questions

Beware of letting your kids drive in Malaysia especially on a motorcycle. Even though Langkawi is the easiest place to drive in Malaysia you have to take into account that Malaysia has the second highest traffic deaths per 100,000 in the WORLD according to the World Health Organization. Rent 2 cars before letting children ride a motorcycle.

Kristianand, Norway
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Langkasuka Beach Resort + General questions

Thanks for the information :-)

Nice to know that the hotel is nice. We have decided to go to Sabah afterwards. I guess we should be careful with renting motorbikes. 2 rental cars or a couple of Taxis is a better option...