We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ferry from langkawi to penang

singapore
6 posts
1 review
Save Topic
ferry from langkawi to penang

hi to all,

Is there any ferry service that departure directly from kuah jetty to penang?

http://www.langkawi-ferry.com/schedule.html seem to suggest that the boarding place is at Pulau Payar which i assume is a island off langkawi mainland whereby i need to take a ferry to Pulau Payer before i can take another ferry to penang?

Hope someone can advise me .. thankz alot in advance,

London, United...
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: ferry from langkawi to penang

Hello,

From the schedule, all the ferries from Langkawi to Penang depart from Langkawi itself at Kuah Jetty. The 2:30pm ferry also stops via Pulau Payar on its way to Penang while the 5:15pm ferry is a direct one.

IFY, when you get to Langkawi, buy your ferry tickets asap as from my experience, the tickets sell out quite quickly.

singapore
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: ferry from langkawi to penang

Hi Peonelli,

Thank alot fr clearing my doubt, having departed directly from kuah jetty really make thins easier for me. Thank again n have a nice day

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
35,973 posts
333 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: ferry from langkawi to penang

Hi

Peonii is right.

The Langkawi Ferry schedule does show Langkawi - Penang at 2.30pm (via P. Payar) & 5.15pm not that you have to board at Pulau Payar.

Do book at least 2-3 days before hand.

norfolk
Level Contributor
7,636 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: ferry from langkawi to penang

firefly have an offer at the moment, flights are just 10rm plus tax for when i want to go. maybe worth checking?

pam

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
21 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: ferry from langkawi to penang

Hi Pam,

How long is the flight to Penang and how does it differ from Langkawi. We're gonna be at Langkawi honeymooning, if we get bored we might wanna spend a night there.

singapore
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: ferry from langkawi to penang

Thank TravellingMitch and Pam,

I booked a flight from fireflyz in the end as the call n email to the ferry service all went unanswered and the price difference isn’t realli tht much.

Hi Deepblu80,

the flight from langkawi to Penang is approx round 35mins while the ferry service will be slightly longer at 2hrs 45mins. If i am not wrong there is 2 flights daily one at 9.25am n the other at 7.15pm going at quite affordable price.u can find out more from here http://www.fireflyz.com.my/

For Penang, one thing that i will strongly encourage n advise u to do is to eat, eat n still eat. Basically Penang is a food paradise renowed for it many street foods like char kawy teow (fired noodle with black soy sauce), penang laksa and loh bak (fried misc fritter) etc.

Penang do offer some attractions but if u lookin for a more relaxed holiday style like hanging around the beach, langkawi beach will be nicer. Some more interesting place imo in penang will be the clan jetties(Early chinese settlements built their home on stilts along the wooden pier that extend to the sea and within each jetty living onli the descendant of specific clan name i.e chew clan jetty consider mainly families bearing the chew surname) and the penang snake temple (a temple which contained many free roaring snakes which mysteriously appeared in the building from the surrounding forest after the temple was built, some are vermous spieces but the surprising thins is that they are doclie within the temple and no case of bitten had been reported yet "as least tht wat the article say"). of course there more thins to do over there n i sure u can eaily dig for more info frm the web esp the foodies stuff haha...

hope u enjoy ur honeymoon ....

zIOa

7. Re: ferry from langkawi to penang

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, January 29, 2010