I am travelling to Langkawi with hubby and two children aged 12 and 13 over the Xmas period - 23/12 to 28/12.
Just a few more questions if I may.
1. Does anyone know how much dep. tax from Singapore to Langkawi and Langkawi to Singapore?
2. We will arrive on the 23/12 pm so should we book a rental car as soon as we arrive at resort or leave it to the next day. Being the day before Xmas I don't know busy the place will be but I'd imagine hectic.
3. We want to go snorkelling, island hopping, day trip (by car around island), Mangrove Tour and eat there, Cable Car, sightseeing cave (which one is best?), Nightmarkets (also which one is best?), shopping and jungle treking. Will we be able to fit this all in in the 5 days that we are there?
4. Everyone says beer is cheap but there is no mention of the price anywhere that I can see. Is it local beer only?
5. Will there be restaurants open on Xmas day (probably a dumb ? but I'll ask anyway) and should we also book that on the night we arrive?
6. Is there a limit on clothing articles to buy and take back home (Aust)?
7. Are herbal medicines able to be taken out of Langkawi and brought home?
8. Where is a good reputable place to buy DVD's on Langkawi? And is there a limit on how many you can take home?
9. Recommendations on best sorkelling company - dearer the best? or not? Should we also book this the first night there?
10. Best night markets? 12 year old daughter mad shopper LOL.
11. Jungle treking - best option?
12. Which company has best offer of island hopping - would like to go to Pregnant Maiden Lake for a swim if possible.
13. Dengue fever is there a problem with this over there?
14. Drinking water a problem for foreigners or is bottled water a better option?
15. We are staying at the Sheraton Langkawi - is there good restaurants within walking distance. I keep hearing about good restaurants but don't know the location of them to our resort.
16. Safety on the island? Am a little concerned with taking children.
17. Where is best place to exchange money or is credit card a better option? Hubby doesn't like using credit card.
18. Will jellyfish be a big problem this time of year? Do not know if they are seasonal.
19. Monkeys biting - do they carry any diseases that we should be aware of?
20. Are the people friendly - have read mixed comments about this. Hoping not to feel uncomfortable over there.
Hope you can answer some or all of my questions. I know there are many but hey if you don't ask you'll never know.
I am mostly concerned about our time frame, the crowds to get to book to see things and if we can fit it all in.