We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Budget travel in Langkawi

New York
Level Contributor
36 posts
2 reviews
Budget travel in Langkawi

Hello,

I am traveling on a budget. I'd like to spend around $30 US. Is there anywhere that I can stay that is walking distance from a pretty beach? Or are all the best beaches only accessible from expensive resort hotels? I will be there August 10th till September 9th.

norfolk
Level Contributor
7,739 posts
38 reviews
1. Re: Budget travel in Langkawi

your budget is a bit low for langkawi but you could try AB motel. right on one of the longest beaches and surrounded by cheap places to eat. you'll need to book in advance.

pam

Langkawi, Malaysia
Destination Expert
for Langkawi
Level Contributor
7,447 posts
63 reviews
2. Re: Budget travel in Langkawi

Dear Slhfilms,

you picked a good time as Langkawi will not be too busy. Just yesterday I booked a room for 100 RM for some friends at Melati, next to Beach Garden. Best location but I have never been inside, yet. A friend recommended it to me. Another option could be Pondok Keladi, Zachry'y Guesthouse and Boutique Hotel.

Enjoy Langkawi!

Eva

Langkawi, Malaysia
Level Contributor
2,461 posts
70 reviews
3. Re: Budget travel in Langkawi

You can even get White Lodge, Vistar Century Motel or Tropical Resort for that price too.

Langkawi
Level Contributor
868 posts
15 reviews
4. Re: Budget travel in Langkawi

I've been tracking the reviews on Tripadvisor lately and I've noticed that Helang hotel has been getting rave reviews for huge single rooms priced at RM 90-100.

I do deliveries every month to Helang hotel and I'm just knocked out by how posh that giant reception lounge and pool area looks. Their family rooms go for only around RM 170 (that's direct booking at the desk. Trav agents will be cheaper, prob).

Helang sadly has no beach. It's a 15min walk to Langkasuka resort (which I hear is owned by Helang) and they have a nice beach. I've had a swim there before with friends and it is fine.

You should check prices at Langkasuka too. I'm sure you can get a deal there for 30 US. Make sure it says Langkasuka Beach resort. There's another one by the same name in Kuah town.

Maroochydore...
Level Contributor
491 posts
53 reviews
5. Re: Budget travel in Langkawi

The reviews on this place sound great.

On WOTIF.COM you can get the room for 4, and car hire included for 200 ringit.

You are able to use the facilities at the Lankasuka, their sister hotel on the beach.

Now thats a great deal!!!

Brett

Langkawi
Level Contributor
868 posts
15 reviews
6. Re: Budget travel in Langkawi

Good to get confirmation that Langkasuka and Helang are indeed affliated. I did not know that you can use the facilities at Langsk if you are at Helang.

One of these days I'll have to ask the GM for a tour. I got a feeling Helang is one of these totally underrated places that is suffering from low occupancy because it has no beach and that row of restaurants nearby at Padang Matsirat is almost exclusively Malay food.

Patrick

7. Re: Budget travel in Langkawi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, January 15, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Langkawi