We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Berjaya Langkawi Beach & Spa

Wales
Level Contributor
25 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Berjaya Langkawi Beach & Spa

Has anyone visited there recently? Read the reviews and all seem to say it's good. Looking to visit in Feb 06 so any info appreciated.

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Langkawi, Langkawi District
Level Contributor
9,462 posts
179 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Berjaya Langkawi Beach & Spa

Hi Sharpie

Lots of posts on here about the Berjaya.

I have stayed there 3 times and will be returning again in 3 weeks 2 days (but whose counting)!

What sort of info do you want that is not on the Berjaya website or posted here? Let me know and I will try to help.

Lesley

Shrewsbury, United...
Level Contributor
150 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Berjaya Langkawi Beach & Spa

Hiya Sharpie. Me and hubby went there in May of this year. Loved it. Not luxurious accommodation but clean and in the most wonderful setting. Good pool and food good. Plenty of resturants very close by and car hire is a must as it's so reasonable and a gallon of petrol is dirt cheap.

Didn't try the spa but heard some very good things about it.

You'll love it and we would definitely go back.

Clare

Level Contributor
70 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Berjaya Langkawi Beach & Spa

Hi,

had 10 days there in September - with a group of 14 in 4 families. We had a great time. It is definitely a 3star + resort.

It has been open for a while but the price we paid was excellent.

The setting is wonderful, pool area very good, beach good, service was good. Rooms are small ish but have all that you need. We had 5 rooms all with a view. We took the Deluxe Room upgrades and were lucky to be only a very short walk to the main hotel area - although the in hotel transport system is very good. The balcony is nice to have an evening drink on. Not all rooms get a view!!!but you will be a forest which is much better than being one room in a hallway of many - i.e you do have some privacy! The monkeys and birds etc were a pleasure to watch.

The food varies in quality at the resort. The breakfast is just acceptable to ok! but probably not the quality you would really want. The pool side meals are tasty and cheap for a resort - sushi quite nice and our kids loved the burgers. Drinks at the Pool side bar are very reasonabley priced for a resort of this quality - and at happy hour very cheap. The Japanese restaurant was very nice. The theme nights meals are acceptable but not a must have. The Restaurant that over looks the bay is the best. We ate there several times and had a very nice reasonably priced mael every time. There are plenty of eating options nearby at the Mutiara - well worth a visit for the band - The Oriental Inn and The Harbour. Hire a moped or car - very cheap and you can epxlore the options available in Langkawi.

Overall our grouped loved our time at the Berjaya, we had very few gripes at all - the House band was a joke!! The people who have the main complaints with this place are people who think that they are going to a 5 star resort. It is not.

It is a very good 3star + that has a few miles on the clock. If you are after 5 star resort type luxury and services in a newish hotel you have picked the wrong place. If you are after something different and know what you are getting before you arrive ( and considering the very reasonable price you pay ) I believe you will have a great time at the Berjaya and Langkawi.

Bolton
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Berjaya Langkawi Beach & Spa

Hi

We stayed in july, had a fab time, although it is not 5* luxury it does the job. Hire a car from the hotel we had a proton for 4 days for about 170 ringit about £25! No deposit or anything like that.

the spa was superb right at the top of the resort amongst the rain forest. if you book take your swim gear and have a relaxing jacuzi under the stars...lovely. I'd go to Kuala lumpur as well if you can. We had the best of both worlds relaxing and then shopping and good food.

have fun

emma

UK
Level Contributor
18 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Berjaya Langkawi Beach & Spa

Just got back from staying at the Berjaya. The hotel is fine to stay in although it definately needs a face lift. The rooms are clean and a decent size, but have seen better days and now look a bit tired and worn. We asked 3 days in a row for our air con to be looked at as it leaked, each time someone came and said it had been mended, but within a few hours it began leaking again. Saying that I would certainly stay here again.

The bus service around the resort is a bonus, we were very lazy and used it all the time although we could have easily walked, although I can imagine when the resort is busy that you may have to wait for a bus. The same goes for the pool, there didn't seem to be that many sun loungers, so during busy times there may not be enough to go round.

The bars and restaurants are all fine, used all of them except the Chinese restaurant. The buffet was good, as was the Indian and the beach cafe. The staff were very nice and helpful.

The monkeys are fun to watch although you must remember lock your door and windows! Would recommend staying here to anyone wanting a 3 star hotel, and I would come back here again.

Level Contributor
157 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Berjaya Langkawi Beach & Spa

Loved the spa. Stayed at one of the chalet in the forest. Loved the privacy. We have a daily visitor on our verandah .. a cute huge eyed flying squirel. Love the stay there.

The beach is ok but my personal favourite is Berjaya Resort Redang Island! Softest beach sand ever.

Barnstaple, Devon...
Level Contributor
14 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Berjaya Langkawi Beach & Spa

Hi Cottonbarns - I see that you visited Berjaya in May this year - I'm visiting for honeymoon May next year - I'm interested to know what the weather is like, it says it's not monsoon season, but then again it seems to have a fairly high rainfall in May. I know that whatever weather you had, we will not necessarily have the same, but it may give us a good idea!

Thanks for any info.

Shrewsbury, United...
Level Contributor
150 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Berjaya Langkawi Beach & Spa

Hi Doublevodka. Sorry for only just replying but I haven't checked the forum for a couple of weeks. When we landed on Langkawi it was pouring with rain and we were both disappointed but the heat was astounding. But not to fear, it soon cleared up and was sunny and very, very hot. We had some amazing tropical storms but mainly at night and only one day out of our 10 days there did it rain all day (good excuse to sit in the bar all day ;-) Weather was overall excellent and we came back with lovely tans. Enjoy it, you will love it there.

Clare

Barnstaple, Devon...
Level Contributor
14 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Berjaya Langkawi Beach & Spa

Thanks Clare - that's good to hear. Very much looking forward to it, have only heard good things about Malaysia, so can't wait! I imagine it to be pretty humid (like when I visited Bangkok). We can certainly put up with a few storms - should make it all the more interesting! And like you say, the bar is a good option.....thanks again, Nicola.

brisbane, australia
Level Contributor
81 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Berjaya Langkawi Beach & Spa

For our honeymoon at the berjaya in october, there was quite a bit of rain, but it didnt bother us, as it'd only rain for an hour or so and then clear up and we could head to the pool or beach again! the weather was great, as the rain always cooled us down so it wasnt hot and sunny ALL the time.

make sure you go on the island hopping tour. you get to see an island with a lake, see eagle feeding and then spend a few hours on a deserted perfect little island, swimming in the gorgeous crystal clear aqua water.. its probably the cheapest 'thing to do' (and by the way, we did them ALL) but this one was our favourite! :)