We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shopping in Langkawi Fair

UK
8 posts
Save Topic
Shopping in Langkawi Fair

Just returned from a wonderful 7 weeks trip to Asia including Burma, Thailand and Malaysia. We stopped by Langkawi before heading back to London (sadly!)

Anyway, it was wonderful shopping at Langkawi Fair Shopping Centre. According to our taxi driver, the BEST shopping centre in Langkawi. I was there for 3 days straight buying clothes and Body Shop. I fully agreed why it is the BEST.

I must say that there is particular shop which reminds me so much of Charles Dicken OLD CURIOSITY SHOP.

I found beautiful gifts and small framed antique pieces which I have never seen before. They come from Java, India, China, Burma & Cambodia.

I understood that the lady owner loves picking out things as she travels and at the price she is selling it is unbelievably cheap!

I found more things to buy at that shop, which is called The Silk Route, than I got from Burma and Thailand!

The weather has also been fantastic to us and the staff at Berjaya was marvellous.

We are definitely coming back in 2006, this time with more friends!

To all of your future Langkawi visitors, I hope you will enjoy your trip to Langkawi (sun,sea & shopping) as much as we did.

Layla T

Down Under
Level Contributor
648 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Shopping in Langkawi Fair

Thanks Layla, very inforamative.

Is Langkawi Fair in Kuah Town?

Not sure if you read my topic on kids clothing and shoes? Any tips??

UK
8 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Shopping in Langkawi Fair

TMT,

Hi, there are at least 5 shops to buy shoes like Nike and Clarks. Clothings, you will be spoilt for choice as they really have great clothes dirt cheap!

Hope you will enjoy your trip.

Layla T

Down Under
Level Contributor
648 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Shopping in Langkawi Fair

Thanx Layla, I can't wait.

Get answers to your questions about Langkawi